Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I've had a wee look Sir Galahad as I don't read the Tabloid press, so if it doesn't make the 10 o'clock news I probably wont hear of it. 

Yes he seem's to be getting a lot of attention from the Red Tops  would advise him not to drop a sweetie paper in the street. 

What did i find.... Sharing flirty tweets with a fan who didn't reveal she was only 15 when she did he stopped, police say there was no criminality involved.  Makes no secret that's he's a big Hibs fan even while playing for Celtic.. {good on you lad}  and was caught singing anti Hearts songs,  You'd never get a Stmirren fan or player singing songs or using inflammatory words about our neighbours from Greenock just wouldn't happen :rolleyes: 

And just as i said he has admitted struggling with his mental health since 2018 

Jim's record of signing strikers to be kind has been pretty poor,  but his judgement in character has been first class so that'll do for me if he signs him 

Not even from our Chairman :lol:

Edited by portmahomack saint

1 hour ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Jim was asked a question about Griffiths - he answered diplomatically that he was on the free agent list referred to - would you expect him to say “ I widnae touch that wee ned with a 10 ft bargepole” even though he was thinking it.

further update

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leigh-griffiths-st-mirren-transfer-26132574

The Simpsons Bart Simpson GIF - The Simpsons Bart Simpson All Work GIFs

I get some of the negative comments about Griffiths, but above any of his personal issues IF he was to find form he is capable of getting the club into the top 6.

He's got much more potential than ANY of the bargain basement signings we've made this season, and for many a season. 

Not a lot to lose and an awful lot could be gained. 

Big Lee will score a double in the next match and the panic will be over... (fantasy I know but we can all have dreams)

Brophy has not been banging them in that often anyway.

Just need everyone to contribute. See the target and get a shot in when they can... and if all else fails big Sean call go up front for the final 10 minutes.. 

It's not so much Brophy banging them in, although he has 6 I think. Its that he is pivotal to the way way play with one up top. He's all over the place chasing defenders down and can bring the ball in and advance play.

Erwin and Main cannot do that in the slightest. Erwin I don't think touched the ball in 30 mins on Tuesday. Never won a header and looked like he was towing a caravan. Whether that's his best or he's giving it a half hearted attempt is irrelevant. He won't do and neither will big Robocop Main. He should melted down for scrap metal.

We absolutely must find a free agent that can a: hit the ground running and b: replicate the Brophy role. A tough ask indeed but for me that's where we are.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, scam75 said:

It's not so much Brophy banging them in, although he has 6 I think. Its that he is pivotal to the way way play with one up top. He's all over the place chasing defenders down and can bring the ball in and advance play.

Erwin and Main cannot do that in the slightest. Erwin I don't think touched the ball in 30 mins on Tuesday. Never won a header and looked like he was towing a caravan. Whether that's his best or he's giving it a half hearted attempt is irrelevant. He won't do and neither will big Robocop Main. He should melted down for scrap metal.

We absolutely must find a free agent that can a: hit the ground running and b: replicate the Brophy role. A tough ask indeed but for me that's where we are.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I get what you are saying but that sounds like we're a one trick pony... can't we adapt?

I think Man C had too and yes I know their squad is on a whole other plain but it's the same principle 

If not we're too predictable and we are seriously going to drop places rather than gain them...

No problem if we sign a good free agent... but in the meantime let's find a way to win...

Edited by Sweeper07

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I get some of the negative comments about Griffiths, but above any of his personal issues IF he was to find form he is capable of getting the club into the top 6.

He's got much more potential than ANY of the bargain basement signings we've made this season, and for many a season. 

Much as it pains me, I agree whole heartedly with this sentiment.

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Totally agree. I’d be against giving the guy a 2 year deal or something, but can’t really see much downside to signing him up for the rest of the season.

I do have pretty strong doubts mind you that he would deliver, but worth the short term punt IMO. 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Big Lee will score a double in the next match and the panic will be over... (fantasy I know but we can all have dreams)

Brophy has not been banging them in that often anyway.

Just need everyone to contribute. See the target and get a shot in when they can... and if all else fails big Sean call go up front for the final 10 minutes.. 

Who is big Sean?

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Totally agree. I’d be against giving the guy a 2 year deal or something, but can’t really see much downside to signing him up for the rest of the season.

I do have pretty strong doubts mind you that he would deliver, but worth the short term punt IMO. 

Offer him a deal to the end of the season and see how it goes.

10 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Nobody seriously thinks he will sign ? ….

No matter what we think and even if the possibilty is small, it might happen...

I hope not. But hope also we bag a superstar free agent but that's just as unlikely too.

We go with what we've got and if we can pick up someone who might help great... if not well...  

Let's beat the Hibs anyway.. 

Edited by Sweeper07

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

No matter what we think and even if the possibilty is small, it might happen...

I hope not. But hope also we bag a superstar free agent but that's just as unlikely too.

We go with what we've got and if we can pick up someone who might help great... if not well...  

Let's beat the Hibs anyway.. 

Jeezo, you'd give the Riddler a run for this money. :wacko: