Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 minutes ago, SaintBuddie87 said:

A want big obika back and a bag o cans.

I liked Obika. I thought he was getting better too, but he was ok rather than great.

Having him now would be better than what we have at the moment though

Edited by Sweeper07

Honest john could hold the ball erwin and main well. Main was poor before he joined us sometimes i think jim is over confident in his ability to allways get the best from a player main for me isnt a striker even at Aberdeen he missed more chances than he bagged and the trend continues now. I have high hopes for grieve but we defo need something else in or we will slip down the table.

Edited by SaintBuddie87

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

More of your unnecessary tripe.. and nothing about our club or on topic..

Rumour we've been in contact with another free agent... but again that's no surprise man

I seen Sam Baldocks name mentioned, though he's just signed for Oxford.

Edited by kevo_smfc

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Are we allowed to do that? If so you'd think Jamieson ahead of Offord 

I think it's in the wording , Offord is a "development loan" while Jamieson is a loan ! When the reserve league was going , guys on a development loan could play the midweek games back at their own clubs !

8 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

It’ll be the same as when we had the covid outbreak, can recall from lowland league but can’t from SPFL

Bagged a hat trick a couple of weeks ago albeit lower league. Would rather have him up front than what we have left with some support from kiltie, henderson and jones. Erwin and Main are just a waste of a wage.

Grieve is promising but untested. An experienced striker capable of scoring  6-8 goals -or more- in our remaining matches would be a good investment.  Whether that be LG or another only time will tell. I can’t imagine that there are very many available that we might be able to offer good enough terms to attract them to move . LG wouldn’t have to move.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:17 PM, lenziebud said:

I know you get a lot of grief on here from folks but I get a lot of where you are coming from.

Problem is when you say StJ are a dead cert then your kinda losing it. They are still a poor outfit and we are rightly expecting to beat them, not saying its a stick on though.

Doubt Hibs will pump us and think we are capable of a point, but expect to lose.

Kelty won't beat us if we even turn up. We are a far better side and will likely take 2 or 3 off them.

I do agree though that our home form and performances, in the main have been poor and tough to watch apart from 30 mins against Rangers.

I have decided Elvis-itis is a disease and you caught it, isolation, fed on irn bru, deep fried pies in a roll and deep fried mars bars as desert. :)

On 2/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, SaintBuddie87 said:

Honest john could hold the ball erwin and main well. Main was poor before he joined us sometimes i think jim is over confident in his ability to allways get the best from a player main for me isnt a striker even at Aberdeen he missed more chances than he bagged and the trend continues now. I have high hopes for grieve but we defo need something else in or we will slip down the table.

would happily lose both Main and Erwin for Obika, is he better quality? I would say perhaps a shade better, but he is a grafter which neither Main nor Erwin are IMO,

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

would happily lose both Main and Erwin for Obika, is he better quality? I would say perhaps a shade better, but he is a grafter which neither Main nor Erwin are IMO,

Personally I think you have a point. I thought both Erwin and Main would have contributed more this season. I hope there is still time for them to prove me wrong.