Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'll say it because it seems to be beyond many.

Scott Brown cannot play for another club in this window unless he moves to a club abroad where the transfer window is open. The fact he's a free agent does not matter, Aberdeen hold his registration and will do so until the window reopens. He cannot play for another club in Scotland, England or anywhere unless somewhere like Scandinavia if the window is still open.

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll say it because it seems to be beyond many.

Scott Brown cannot play for another club in this window unless he moves to a club abroad where the transfer window is open. The fact he's a free agent does not matter, Aberdeen hold his registration and will do so until the window reopens. He cannot play for another club in Scotland, England or anywhere unless somewhere like Scandinavia if the window is still open.

Nice and clear. Now we know.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
12 hours ago, magnus said:
Nice and clear. Now we know.
Thank you.

Was surprised that there's still folk that didn't know a club, couldn't sign a player that wasn't a free agent outside the transfer window.

Aye well there you go there are still a few of us stoating about. In fairness, having carried out no research at all, I  thought his contract was terminated and that made him a free agent.  Didn't appreciate that Aberdeen was holding his registration and he could not sign another playing contract. No big deal.  We live and learn.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:41 AM, magnus said:

Aye well there you go there are still a few of us stoating about. In fairness, having carried out no research at all, I  thought his contract was terminated and that made him a free agent.  Didn't appreciate that Aberdeen was holding his registration and he could not sign another playing contract. No big deal.  We live and learn.

Some people know everything. There are not a lot of polymorphs and geniuses around but we seem to get more than our share on the Forum.

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

Some people know everything. There are not a lot of polymorphs and geniuses around but we seem to get more than our share on the Forum.

I assume you meant  'polymaths' , although you are probably also correct with 'polymorphs' given the number of aliases some folk on here have. 😂

45 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I assume you meant  'polymaths' , although you are probably also correct with 'polymorphs' given the number of aliases some folk on here have. 😂

Excellent question…predictive text has a lot to answer for 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Not a crime, but it was rendered not rumour and not speculation by it being fact.

(otherwise I could start a thread about Gerry Baker signing from Motherwell).

Ok if it's a fact that's fine. Not everything that's printed in Newspapers is a fact though...

47 minutes ago, antrin said:

Not a crime, but it was rendered not rumour and not speculation by it being fact.

(otherwise I could start a thread about Gerry Baker signing from Motherwell).

He’s not still playing is he?

He had some playing career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Baker

Edited by Rascal

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be shocked but delighted if we got any fee for Dunne. McCarthy is a better player more worth keeping.  I don't mind Dunne staying but he would either be left back for me in a back four or a backup central defender. I would not like to lose McCarthy.

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

Where’s Danny Mullen off to , have heard he knocked back a new contract at Dens?

Hopefully not to Greenhill Road unless he has put a halt to his cheating diving.