Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

24 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Tell them them to stick it 

Dunne is the left back we've been crying out for... I know my stuff   :whistle

I can’t make up my mind about him and our group have different views. I think he looks quick, is big, powerful and positionally ok but he does like to try long passes and I’m not sure they come off often enough. Left back? Maybe.

Aberdeen supporting pal saying that the Dons are offering £200k for Dunne. Interesting, if true of course. 
Wow... Just wow!
Take it and offer Conner a decent three year deal. He will become an Irish international and in a year's time we can get 3 times that for him at least. 
I'm thinking McCarthy thinks he can get a better gig down south.
Does he need a lift ? 
[emoji1787]
Grab it with both hands.
100%
Tell them them to stick it 
Dunne is the left back we've been crying out for... I know my stuff   :whistle
I've wondered this. Can try it as he is at least contracted for next season. Try like Dunne, Joe, Fraser, Tait. This at least is a lineup all here until the end of 2023.
I can’t make up my mind about him and our group have different views. I think he looks quick, is big, powerful and positionally ok but he does like to try long passes and I’m not sure they come off often enough. Left back? Maybe.
As you say. Big, quick, powerful. Sometimes caught out ,but has the pace others don't to sort it out. His long balls are shite.
I think to myself that Robo could find cover fine as he brought Mugabi to Motherwell and he is a cracking defender. He has all Dunne has and more. I'd hope he would be able to find someone similar for us to replace Dunne.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

200k for Dunne would be very decent. I don't think we have seen enough of him to justify his value being much more. If he were to leave I wouldn't be that disappointed. 
I would have liked McCarthy to have stayed, though with the interest down south in him last summer, I am sure he will feel he can get a similar interest when his contract expires. 

On 4/5/2022 at 2:54 AM, billyg said:

Keith Lasley is the rumour on twitter !

When Fitzpatrick was on Off the ball the other week, both Cowan and Cosgrove seemed to know who his replacement was.

On 4/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, billyg said:

Lasley has a degree in business management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m not sure that he does,  I believe it was sports management or something like that ? 🤷‍♂️

He appears to have a Masters in Sports directorship.

Here's one from a university in Manchester.

Master of Sport Directorship · Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk)

A brief description from here - MSc IN SPORTS DIRECTORSHIP - VSI Executive Education (vsiee.com)

The MSc in Sports Directorship qualifies you for one of the most important roles in modern sport. Tailored to meet the real demands of leading sporting organisations. Covering sports leadership, personal development, masterminding innovation and change, sport governance and best practice along with a diverse range of extra-curricular experiences. All the formal skills needed to operate at the highest level of any corporate structure.

This degree course provides unrivalled preparation for the role of Sport Director. Uniquely the course is underpinned by the skills of neuroscience – the science of performance. Already used to great effect in many sports, this degree course brings the power of neuroscience into the business arena too.

The structure of the programme is based on detailed research from VSI which revealed an appetite among franchises across a range of sports for a new generation of leaders capable of managing, massive financial growth with all the challenges such wealth placed on their traditional, creaking corporate infrastructures.

Sports organisations recognised the need for a Sporting Director, equipped to sit as a statutory board member and capable of shaping an organisation’s vision and philosophy while managing its sporting operations. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

When Fitzpatrick was on Off the ball the other week, both Cowan and Cosgrove seemed to know who his replacement was.

Yeah heard that and posted on another thread. It was Chic Young and Cosgrove. Young said if it was who he was told it would raise a few eyebrows.

Edited by Langbank

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Replacement for Andrew Considine similar type player tall left peg defender... so very possible more it's than a rumour 

It’s that time of year again when rumours start to fly around and leaks begin to come out from players or their agents or hints by managers, usually followed by “I don’t comment on players who are with other clubs.”

Since we have 11 players out of contract in the summer and “maybe” other players that the manager doesn’t want to keep then we will see big changes. We might also need to bring some money in from transfer fees so yes, I could see this happening.

On 4/5/2022 at 1:29 PM, Rascal said:

Well that’s good to know. Didn’t know about a Paisley connection. To be honest though that seems to upset as many as it pleases. The Hearts manager comes to mind.

He's originally from Erskine. 

Edited by kevo_smfc

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Yes 100% could give the spark losing Ronan and McGrath leaves.

We were offered him last summer but JG didn’t think he worked hard enough defensively…..defies logic that we ended up with Jordan Jones who offers absolutely nothing defensively and young Henderson who has yet to learn that part of the game.

4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

We were offered him last summer but JG didn’t think he worked hard enough defensively…..defies logic that we ended up with Jordan Jones who offers absolutely nothing defensively and young Henderson who has yet to learn that part of the game.

Jim probably thinking we had McGrath and Ronan so no need for him.

I know this is speculation thread but does anyone think we should go in for Stevie mallan he is back in scotland now and would come back to saints .
Yes 100% could give the spark losing Ronan and McGrath leaves.
I know he would like to come back.
All good, but was his contact not until 2023

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk