Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Brophy is better than Obika was.

Much as I liked Obika, I agree on Brophy. If I recall correctly, there was some surprise that Brophy had decided to sign for us and his signing was seen as a bit of a coup at the time. Good player but injury prone so far. Has hampered his performance imo.

Edited by Rascal

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Brophy is better than Obika was.

In movement yes but for putting ball in the net no chance. I'm not saying we should try get him back just that he was the best we've had since Thommo.

Edited by elvis

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

No one is talking about Main Denis or Erwin . But seeing you have mentioned them They are all gash !

You brought up Obika , I countered by pointing out three FACTS which you conveniently overlooked. 

Obika had one good season and one meh . 

He’s gone and won’t be back - hopefully 🙏 

I never overlooked them, I literally just answered them. 

Fair enough you have your view, I disagree and wouldn’t be disappointed if Obika returned.

Unfortunately for you, you’ll just have to accept a different opinion. 👍

Obika was a fantastic signing, 12 goals in his first season - which was cut short by COVID - was a superb return and one none of our current strikers will match over a full season. Last season and this season he's had major fitness issues however, and he's about to turn 32. I fear he is past it so i don't think we should sign him again. 

36 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

We have made a bid for him.

Plays right back I believe. Does that tell us anything about our current squad? These appear to be the players where contract’s end on 31.May.2022. (Tanser has been given a new contract)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/vertragsende/verein/465

Edited by Rascal

I like  Fraser.

BUT… Saturday was one more time when he raised his hand to catch/stop a ball - for no good, strong reason.  I can see it being an imperative when blocking a certain goal on the line, but few other occasions.

The ref ignored it on Saturday, but it should have been a yellow… which would have meant less bite and aggression in the rest of his play.

Schoolboy stuff that he should cut out.

Plays right back I believe. Does that tell us anything about our current squad? These appear to be the players where contract’s end on 31.May.2022. (Tanser has been given a new contract)
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/vertragsende/verein/465
Tells me the new gaffer doesn’t rate Fraser but I knew that as soon as he dropped him 1st game.
I think Robinson will build a decent squad, excited.

You missed out a word. [emoji6]
I like  Fraser.

BUT… Saturday was one more time when he raised his hand to catch/stop a ball - for no good, strong reason.  I can see it being an imperative when blocking a certain goal on the line, but few other occasions.
The ref ignored it on Saturday, but it should have been a yellow… which would have meant less bite and aggression in the rest of his play.
Schoolboy stuff that he should cut out.
My son is Fraser's number 1 fan. He would be gutted. I like Fraser, I don't think he is that bad. A lot of our players have short comings.
He is being played now, is this because Dunne is injured? Or if we brought in this right back, would Fraser be kept as the squad player that can fill in at CB and Right back?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

My son is Fraser's number 1 fan. He would be gutted. I like Fraser, I don't think he is that bad. A lot of our players have short comings.
He is being played now, is this because Dunne is injured? Or if we brought in this right back, would Fraser be kept as the squad player that can fill in at CB and Right back?

With it looking like McCarthay leaving and no contract signed or offered to Millar then the defenders we have are.

Tait
Dunne
Shaughnessy
Fraser
Tanser
Finlyson

Not including Norman

With it looking like McCarthay leaving and no contract signed or offered to Millar then the defenders we have are.

Tait
Dunne
Shaughnessy
Fraser
Tanser
Finlyson

Not including Norman

With that, then depending on formations
they have:
LB/LWB
Tanser and Tait

RB/RWB
Tait, Fraser, Finlayson

CB
Dunne, Shaunghessy, Fraser, Finlayson

Is this enough cover for injuries or suspensions? Certainly going to be interesting.

they have:
LB/LWB
Tanser and Tait

RB/RWB
Tait, Fraser, Finlayson

CB

Is this enough cover for injuries or suspensions? Certainly going to be interesting.

With the possibility of 2 out and 2 in. Then same as this season.

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

they have:
LB/LWB
Tanser and Tait

RB/RWB
Tait, Fraser, Finlayson

CB

Can't see Dunne staying beyond summer with links to Aberdeen and also from what I have seen of Finlayson, I'm not sure if he has enough quality for this level to be kept on.

56 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Can't see Dunne staying beyond summer with links to Aberdeen and also from what I have seen of Finlayson, I'm not sure if he has enough quality for this level to be kept on.

Certainly haven’t seen much of Finlayson

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Do we have Quality ?

10 hours ago, Rascal said:

Certainly haven’t seen much of Finlayson

For whatever reason he only featured in around 15 games for Kelty this season. 

From what I seen of his limited game time with us, he looked very raw. At the age of 21 years old, you should be as good as ready. Imo he didn't look any better than Jack Baird at that age.

For whatever reason he only featured in around 15 games for Kelty this season. 
From what I seen of his limited game time with us, he looked very raw. At the age of 21 years old, you should be as good as ready. Imo he didn't look any better than Jack Baird at that age.
From Kelty Hearts website he's played in 27 matches, started 23 and played for 2011 minutes.

2319a99400c852ccc9f204736c24c38d.jpg

You used wikipedia? I captained St Mirren on there before. [emoji1787]

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

From Kelty Hearts website he's played in 27 matches, started 23 and played for 2011 minutes.

2319a99400c852ccc9f204736c24c38d.jpg

You used wikipedia? I captained St Mirren on there before. emoji1787.png

My bad. That would mean since October he has probably covered most games this season. 
I will let the gaffer be the judge of if he is good enough, though could be playing to his level at Kelty.

My bad. That would mean since October he has probably covered most games this season. 
I will let the gaffer be the judge of if he is good enough, though could be playing to his level at Kelty.
That's about correct, he missed 2 games in April. Don't know if he was suspended, injured or as I see there was at least another 1 regular starter missing covid related.