Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Appreciate the summary [emoji108] 
Definitely plenty anticipated movement each way 
No manager gets every transfer right 
Just have to hope Robbo gets significantly more hits then misses 
Thanks. The reason I added in the height of the potential players is the fact I feel at times the team has been pretty small and from what I remember of Robo is he favours physical, athletic players over ability.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

One very good season from the last seven. 

The other six, mince. 

Aye, who knows but not a signing to get he juices flowing IMO. 

In saying that I was equally unimpressed by Greive who has shown some potential. 

36 games (20 starts) and 6 goals for Morecambe from what looks like playing as a wide man most of the season - according to transfermarkt - isn't all that mince TBH. I mean not prolific or anything, but not quite rubbish.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

36 games (20 starts) and 6 goals for Morecambe from what looks like playing as a wide man most of the season - according to transfermarkt - isn't all that mince TBH. I mean not prolific or anything, but not quite rubbish.

If he crosses as well as Charlie Adams from a wide position Grieve will be on 20 goals next season. 

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He was put up for transfer, Morecambe couldn't have been all that impressed.

Oh, the season before, 30 games, 2 goals.

Anyhow, it's what he does for us that matters but the club won't be selling lots of strips with his name on them before the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He was put up for transfer, Morecambe couldn't have been all that impressed.

Oh, the season before, 30 games, 2 goals.

Anyhow, it's what he does for us that matters but the club won't be selling lots of strips with his name on them before the start of the season. 

I'm not disagreeing too much but he contributed more in way of goals and assists playing in a wide role for his side than someone like Jordan Jones did for ours. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not disagreeing too much but he contributed more in way of goals and assists playing in a wide role for his side than someone like Jordan Jones did for ours. 

Yeah I agree its unfair to label a player rubbish due to his small goals return, when it seems he has been playing out wide most of his career.

He's been labelled a wide player/striker, though seems to have played the majority if not the latter part of his career 'out wide'. Jay Henderson has 2 goals from playing in a wide position, doesn't make him a bad player.

15 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Quite possibly someone who can fit in where Jordan Jones did. Also SR rates. As for Greive, he must be horrible to play against runs all day, doesn't seem to be bothered about being kicked for 90 mins AND can be in right place right time like against Dundee.

What ?  Hiding In Games , over hitting crosses & generally being a massive disappointment ?

I hope not 😉

Looks like Auyunga was playing regularly until Robinson left.

So Robinson rated him but the new manager didn’t.

And looks like it’s Dylan Connolly who has been keeping him out the side.

Interesting comments re the number of goals Auyunga has scored despite playing wide.

Mo Salah plays wide. Mane has been a wide player during most of his time at Liverpool. Mahrez is a wide player!

Anyway, 6 goals in 20 starts for a side fighting relegation is actually not too bad. It’s a league with some clubs that dwarf most of the Scottish top flight.

17 goals a couple of seasons ago says he’s got some potential.

If he’d had 6 good seasons out of 6 - like the faraway fool wants - then he wouldn’t be joining St Mirren! :1eye 

What ?  Hiding In Games , over hitting crosses & generally being a massive disappointment ?
I hope not [emoji6]
He annoys me. Apparently got loads of pace, but never see him use it. You would hope he could play on 4he shoulder and look for a through ball to blast past, but instead I have seen him stand and wait to get the ball, stop it dead to try take his man on, when he can't as everyone and their granny knows he is looking to cut in on his right. One of the most frustrating players to wear a saints top.

I see Callum Hendry scored again for the Saintees last night, he's been excellent for them since coming back from his loan at Killie. He's 24 and out of contract in the summer, definitely one i think we should be offering a deal too. 

44 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I see Callum Hendry scored again for the Saintees last night, he's been excellent for them since coming back from his loan at Killie. He's 24 and out of contract in the summer, definitely one i think we should be offering a deal too. 

Without a doubt. He's probably one I'd be making a priority. Within our scope, a good footballer at this level and has improved over the last 18 months or so even with the loans out.

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

I share your view on this. He would be an asset.

I would get very excited if we were able to announce the permanent signing of Gogic.
I fear now he has suggested he would stay in Scotland that Aberdeen go in for him . It would annoy me as us as fans would appreciate him and what he does, while dons fans are up their own arses.

43 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I would get very excited if we were able to announce the permanent signing of Gogic.
I fear now he has suggested he would stay in Scotland that Aberdeen go in for him . It would annoy me as us as fans would appreciate him and what he does, while dons fans are up their own arses.

Though he seems to be enjoying himself with us.

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Without a doubt. He's probably one I'd be making a priority. Within our scope, a good footballer at this level and has improved over the last 18 months or so even with the loans out.

Agree a release deal with Brophy and sign Hendry. Eamon had lots of potential but again I suspect it will be another injury hit season where h doesn't get out the blocks.

1 minute ago, exiledfan said:

Agree a release deal with Brophy and sign Hendry. Eamon had lots of potential but again I suspect it will be another injury hit season where h doesn't get out the blocks.

I got to agree with you on that one not only on the injury sense but he isn't the best team player. Whereas Main and Grieve are and would appear to fit in with SR's way of playing. In saying that it is up to Brophy to impress SR and get in the team regularly.