Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Is a striker that has scored 8 goals for us in his time here really an option we need? 

Jeez🙈

Is it really that few .

Felt like more, not many more but definitely thought it was double digits 

Not a great return for the budget apportioned 

Just now, exiledfan said:

Is a striker that has scored 8 goals for us in his time here really an option we need? 

You are having a f**king laugh surely 🤣

How many has Main got this season and how many good games has he had?

Brophy got zero service before and found himself always dropping deep to collect the ball because of this, we literally created f**k all and now all of a sudden you want him released because we have been creating more chances these last couple of games that he has been out injured in, away!!! 😂

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

You are having a f**king laugh surely 🤣

How many has Main got this season and how many good games has he had?

Brophy got zero service before and found himself always dropping deep to collect the ball because of this, we literally created f**k all and now all of a sudden you want him released because we have been creating more chances these last couple of games that he has been out injured in, away!!! 😂

It’s sometimes the way strikers play that dictates how the team attempts to create chances

If Brophy is choosing to go deep then those around him have no option but to play it to him deep

If the striker had pace who played on the shoulder then maybe those around him would look to play it beyond the defence

And if you had a target man then you could go that route as well

Fact is, we just don’t really have any pacey forwards who play on the shoulder so we lacked options

Maybe this new boy from Morecambe will give us pace and this in turn may create chances for Brophy in the box 

23 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Who knows ? But he's got longer on his contract than both Main and Greive  , and he's a high earner , so he won't be going anywhere !

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Well given that he seems to have been popping up with important goals in what has been a stop start season injury wise and given that the top scorer in the entire league this season has managed only 13 goals, I'd say we're definitely not in any position to let 8 goals a season go begging.

Brophy seems to be getting a lot more stick on here now that folk are off Main's back. Don't understand it whatsoever, he's been a good signing for us.

The new formation should help Brophy more with 2 strikers playing off each other with Kiltie in support. In almost all Brophy's games we had 2 sitting midfielders and two wingers pumping in high balls from as far away from Brophy as the park would allow. The guy was isolated most games. With decent support hopefully his record will improve. And he is still the top scoring striker by some distance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The new formation should help Brophy more with 2 strikers playing off each other with Kiltie in support. In almost all Brophy's games we had 2 sitting midfielders and two wingers pumping in high balls from as far away from Brophy as the park would allow. The guy was isolated most games. With decent support hopefully his record will improve. And he is still the top scoring striker by some distance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Too much sense getting spoken here mate.

Thing I find really bizarre is how did the 3 at the back not work with these players under Goodwin, but does with Robo? Robo seems to try and get them to play with intensity in that formation and also has realised that the 2 holding midfielders doesn't work together as well as when Jim tried it he had power on his own and McGrath and Kiltie playing the same position. Either way I'm liking they way Robo has got it working at least.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Thing I find really bizarre is how did the 3 at the back not work with these players under Goodwin, but does with Robo? Robo seems to try and get them to play with intensity in that formation and also has realised that the 2 holding midfielders doesn't work together as well as when Jim tried it he had power on his own and McGrath and Kiltie playing the same position. Either way I'm liking they way Robo has got it working at least.

I would like to see Gogic play in a back three and be the player that can carry the ball forward from defence or move into a holding midfield role if there is a change of set up mid game .

As for Brophy, I always thought he played well , even if he wasn't among the goals .  Our play is often too tippy tappy and allows teams to get behind the ball to easy .

I'm hoping the players we are signing will allow us to transition from defence to attack a lot faster .

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like to see Gogic play in a back three and be the player that can carry the ball forward from defence or move into a holding midfield role if there is a change of set up mid game .

As for Brophy, I always thought he played well , even if he wasn't among the goals .  Our play is often too tippy tappy and allows teams to get behind the ball to easy .

I'm hoping the players we are signing will allow us to transition from defence to attack a lot faster .

One thing that got me thinking was the difference Gogic could have potentially made to out starting 11, if Goody had managed to sign him first time round before he went to Hibs a couple of years ago. 

6 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

One thing that got me thinking was the difference Gogic could have potentially made to out starting 11, if Goody had managed to sign him first time round before he went to Hibs a couple of years ago. 

I think the player that can break up an attack and very quickly drive forward with the ball is hugely underestimated . Against St Johnstone Gogic did exactly that , which allows our attackers much more space to play in.

In what way would those authors editions complement St Mirren’s playing style?  default_unsure.png

Hendry….  https://rosiehendry.com

Rooney…. https://www.waterstones.com/author/sally-rooney/3451106

…other than both producing superficial tedious, best-selling shite?
Aye, very good. I think the 2 below could do well in the team and they way Robo seems to like to play.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callum_Hendry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Rooney

10 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t see the fakes going down 

I think it depends which Saintees turn up. The one that turned up against us would have struggled to trouble my grandson's 2009 team so I'm not writing ICT off. I'm going against the grain here. IF Arbroath had won the semi final I would ahve been witht The Red Lichties but I'm not sure I want a second/fourth trip up there in a season and then there's Kirk, egg gate, Broadfoot..............................................

Not for me.

Edited by stlucifer