Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

It has been rumoured we are in for Matt Butcher who is out of contract this summer from Accrington. He plays as a defensive midfielder. Could be we are in for both Gogic and him or he is in case Gogic takes too long to decide?!

Was previously at the fakes and RandomGuy on P&B said,

"He's perfect for this division"
"He's class, and massive, and I'll be f**king seething if you lot have enjoyed Doyle-Hayes and him while we deal with f**king shit like Butterfield and MacPherson."

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

It has been rumoured we are in for Matt Butcher who is out of contract this summer from Accrington. He plays as a defensive midfielder. Could be we are in for both Gogic and him or he is in case Gogic takes too long to decide?!

"He's class, and massive, and I'll be f**king seething if you lot have enjoyed Doyle-Hayes and him while we deal with f**king shit like Butterfield and MacPherson."

What I like about Gogic is that he,s  able to play in Central defence . Wouldn't be surprised to see him play next to big Joe next season . 

What I like about Gogic is that he,s  able to play in Central defence . Wouldn't be surprised to see him play next to big Joe next season . 
Totally. Maybe we would be looking at both?

21/22 season midfielders:
A. Gogić - CDM
A. Power - CDM
C. Ronan - CM
R. Flynn - CM
E. Erhahon - CM
J. Jones - LM
G. Kiltie - CAM

22/23 midfielders:
R. Flynn - CM
E. Erhahon - CM
K. Baccus - CM/CDM
M. O'Hara - CDM/CM/CB
D. Reid - CDM/CM
G. Kiltie - CAM

If sticks with 3412 or goes with the favoured 433 he has used in the past, we would need probably Gogic and Butcher.

10 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would be surprised ..

Not because he isn't capable- because he absolutely is & I would love to get him here permanently 

But having just turned 28 he is ideal for many teams and I fear multiple suitors 😪😪

If the management team pulled this transfer off then that Is a major coup

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

"She's class, and massive, and did well in eastenders.

I would be surprised ..
Not because he isn't capable- because he absolutely is & I would love to get him here permanently 
But having just turned 28 he is ideal for many teams and I fear multiple suitors [emoji25][emoji25]
If the management team pulled this transfer off then that Is a major coup
Totally would love Gogic to sign.

Thing could he still go back to Cyprus? Would he go down south? I know he said he would stay in Scotland and has said his time with us has made him enjoy football again. This will be because he is appreciated and getting game time. At Hibs he was getting paid better, but getting little to no playing time. Saying he would be happy to stay in Scotland, what clubs would target him?

Celtic & Rangers = Bigger budget / looking for better quality.

Hearts & Hibs = Could pay more but would be a squad player and not a first select (like his time at Hibs).

Aberdeen = They have both McCrorie & Ferguson that will be ahead of him, so squad player at best?

Dundee Utd & Motherwell = Could pay more if in the market for a player of his style.

Killie = just coming back up but also signed Power. Is power a bit part for them? I ask as their time here and playing together on the pitch I felt Gogic was worse when playing along side Power.

Ross county = maybe pay more and higher in the table.

St Johnstone & Dundee = Surly wouldn't want to join them as worse than us.

Threats to us in Scotland that could sign him and give him play time are
Dundee United
Motherwell
Ross county

52 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Totally would love Gogic to sign.

Thing could he still go back to Cyprus? Would he go down south? I know he said he would stay in Scotland and has said his time with us has made him enjoy football again. This will be because he is appreciated and getting game time. At Hibs he was getting paid better, but getting little to no playing time. Saying he would be happy to stay in Scotland, what clubs would target him?

Celtic & Rangers = Bigger budget / looking for better quality.

Hearts & Hibs = Could pay more but would be a squad player and not a first select (like his time at Hibs).

Aberdeen = They have both McCrorie & Ferguson that will be ahead of him, so squad player at best?

Dundee Utd & Motherwell = Could pay more if in the market for a player of his style.

Killie = just coming back up but also signed Power. Is power a bit part for them? I ask as their time here and playing together on the pitch I felt Gogic was worse when playing along side Power.

Ross county = maybe pay more and higher in the table.

St Johnstone & Dundee = Surly wouldn't want to join them as worse than us.

Threats to us in Scotland that could sign him and give him play time are
Dundee United
Motherwell
Ross county

I agree that playing regularly and being somewhat the " main man " is absolutely a lure and a reason to stay.

As a footballer the adulation of a support must feel incredible 

However, ultimately, he is a family man and financial responsibility comes as the priority. 

Other than this 5 month period he has no real affinity to us - so the emotional bond definitely is reduced 

I mean look how quickly Goody& Ross fecked off and they both on paper had stronger ties to the club 

How many ex- Motherwell players will we be linked to now there are loads let go or signing on again.

LEAVE AT THE EXPIRY OF THEIR CONTRACT OR RETURN TO THEIR PARENT CLUB AT THE END OF THEIR LOAN:
Mark O’Hara
Darragh O’Connor
Justin Amaluzor
Liam Donnelly
Liam Grimshaw
Jordan Roberts
Peter Morrison
Victor Nirennold
Cody McLeod

Don't know how true it is but zingalliman over on p&b saying Steven Davis coming to us .Source Rangers kit man I'm sure Davis already said not happening think he's done now a fair age also.

Edited by elvis

13 minutes ago, elvis said:

Don't know how true it is but zingalliman over on p&b saying Steven Davis coming to us .Source Rangers kit man I'm sure Davis already said not happening think he's done now a fair age also.

He's certainly not looked anything like done this season.

Don't think this one will happen to be honest.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's certainly not looked anything like done this season.

Don't think this one will happen to be honest.

Just had a look there played in 30 of there 64 games.not bad for being almost 38

Would be a clever signing /appointment in more ways than one if it comes to fruition. I can see what the appeal is to the current management in having him on board both on and off the park and especially with regards to younger first team squad members and specifically one in particular. His contacts and experience within the game would be a tremendous asset to the club in a variety of ways which if utilised correctly will be invaluable. We also need someone who can steady the boat if you like in midfield and control what to do and when to do it unlike the usual punt up the park particularly in certain types of games. 

34 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Would be a clever signing /appointment in more ways than one if it comes to fruition. I can see what the appeal is to the current management in having him on board both on and off the park and especially with regards to younger first team squad members and specifically one in particular. His contacts and experience within the game would be a tremendous asset to the club in a variety of ways which if utilised correctly will be invaluable. We also need someone who can steady the boat if you like in midfield and control what to do and when to do it unlike the usual punt up the park particularly in certain types of games. 

If he comes I think he will come in as part of a player / coach package . Thing is my feeling is we already have digned that player when we offered Ryan Flynn a new contract . I do though would like him to sign .