Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Unless they spend a load of money , I agree with you. Any time I saw them on the telly they were no great shakes. That whole division, admittedly on the telly ,were eye bleeding to watch. That’s been the worst fare on show in that division by some distance for a few years.

Derek McInnes promised Kilmarnock's biggest transfer kitty ever as Rugby Park club target top six return - Football Scotland

Unless they spend a load of money , I agree with you. Any time I saw them on the telly they were no great shakes. That whole division, admittedly on the telly ,were eye bleeding to watch. That’s been the worst fare on show in that division by some distance for a few years.
We need to recruit well and get people on the wavelength that SR is on and how he wants them to play. We can't have the slump we had when he first join. Not wetting my knickers, but worry for these clubs with bigger budgets and more money thrown at them. The bottom 6 this season had Dons and Hibs who have more cash. Top 6 just had the likes of county who are bank rolled. Going to be a tough season with stronger clubs than Dundee were, so need to roll the sleeves up and dig in right from the start.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

On 5/28/2022 at 7:48 PM, pod said:

That headline doesnt say a lot. Their biggest transfer kitty ever just means they might have a slightly bigger budget than 2 years ago - when they were relegated. Picking up players like Alan Power doesnt exactly scream top 6. They were really poor last season yet have re-signed the likes of Hodson and Waters at full back. I predict another struggle for them.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

That headline doesnt say a lot. Their biggest transfer kitty ever just means they might have a slightly bigger budget than 2 years ago - when they were relegated. Picking up players like Alan Power doesnt exactly scream top 6. They were really poor last season yet have re-signed the likes of Hodson and Waters at full back. I predict another struggle for them.

Did you read beyond the headlines. 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:23 PM, Rascal said:

Not to mention Faraway Saint as an SLO to welcome people to the stadium.

Wouldn’t be going near Slarti, he’s got a tendency to hide when the game isn’t going his way.

Could be a decent keeper, loves blocking. Cowering behind the goalposts could be an issue though… :whistle

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Wouldn’t be going near Slarti, he’s got a tendency to hide when the game isn’t going his way.

Could be a decent keeper, loves blocking. Cowering behind the goalposts could be an issue though… :whistle

Tactical advice. Thanks

3 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Isma is only 30, thought he would be older. Would you have him back Buds or would it ruin the memories?
His career has stalled a bit since he left Hearts. Played for a few clubs in the Middle East and Far East but not many games. Still scored goals though. 

1EFA0BC4-8E3C-48BB-9661-B1B651DCCA2B.png

Would bring him back in a heartbeat. It would give a boost around the club & likely have a bit of a commercial knock on as well which would offset any wage even if he didn’t come good. 

If he is however being linked to Livi, he is surely on a similar level to a player that would boost our frontline. 

Isma is only 30, thought he would be older. Would you have him back Buds or would it ruin the memories?
His career has stalled a bit since he left Hearts. Played for a few clubs in the Middle East and Far East but not many games. Still scored goals though. 

Naw. Only played 40 games in last 4 years and that was in the Japanese 3rd division, Iran, Bangladesh and Indian Premier Leagues. Scored 8 goals in those 4 years. Let's just keep the happy memories.

Edited by Sonny

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Naw. Only played 40 games in last 4 years and that was in the Japanese 3rd division, Iran and Indian Premier Leagues. Scored 8 goals in those 4 years. Let's just keep the happy memories.

This ^^^^^^  I’m amazed folk want to bring Isma back, he’s played at all these no mark places for a reason…..

While we are at it, what’s Andy Dorman up to these days………

Nope, I'd have said yes 2-3 years ago but he's dossed about for too long not doing much of anything.

I'd let that one lie to be fair.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Nope, I'd have said yes 2-3 years ago but he's dossed about for too long not doing much of anything.

I'd let that one lie to be fair.

Livi confirmed the transfer today. If he’s deemed good enough by that Livi squad by Martindale, I’d have had him in a shot. Martindale knows how to put together a strong team at this level. 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Livi confirmed the transfer today. If he’s deemed good enough by that Livi squad by Martindale, I’d have had him in a shot. Martindale knows how to put together a strong team at this level. 

He's made plenty of dodgy signings in the forward areas. In fact his only decent forward signing has been Bruce Anderson. Look at duds like Panayioutou, Chukwumeka, Reilly, Nouble.

I'm not saying Isma is a bad signing, nothing like it but he's been kicking about Asia for a long time playing 6 and 7 games a season here and there and is now 30.

He did well at Tashkent after he left Hearts but since? Not a lot of football or minutes on the park and not a great return in the last 4 years. I'm not saying he won't chip in with the odd goal but sometimes cult heroes are best left as such.

Livi are now also his twelfth different club in only 9 years since leaving us. I'm pretty confident he's not what we need.

image.png.31acd1b54d1fdeeff3bd48bb507dc931.png 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

He's made plenty of dodgy signings in the forward areas.

I'm not saying Isma is a bad signing, nothing like it but he's been kicking about Asia for a long time playing 6 and 7 games a season here and there and is now 30.

He did well at Tashkent after he left Hearts but since? Not a lot of football or minutes on the park and not a great return in the last 4 years. I'm not saying he won't chip in with the odd goal but sometimes cult heroes are best left as such.

Livi are now also his twelfth different club in only 9 years since leaving us. I'm pretty confident he's not what we need.

image.png.31acd1b54d1fdeeff3bd48bb507dc931.png 

Would still have taken him even as a risk. Would have almost certainly linked to a rise in some commercial areas like shirt sales with younger fans. 

Every striker at our level is a big risk, it’s the one position that comes at a real premium. At least this way, the risk is mitigated slightly. 

Who knows, Isma could be another Lee Erwin this time. But you know who else could be a Lee Erwin? Lee Erwin 😂

Regardless of the debate on whether he's still good enough, he never returned to play when he was at Hearts so I'd like to think he'll get a massive ovation from St. Mirren supporters for what was just an unbelievable spell with us.

Absolutely loved watching the big guy when he was in the mood.

58 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

He has done a good job, however it just takes a few wrong signings and your in trouble. 

Main and Erwin have both made substantially more appearances and scored far more goals over the last 4 years yet not deemed good enough. And both are younger (Isma is 31 in June).

Maybe the Japanese 3rd Div is better than I am giving it credit for.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk