Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

59 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Pietermaat due to the fact that doesn't want to be messed about around Gogic if we have offered him a contract and he is seeing what options are there?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I think we could be after both with  Gogic potentially as a central defender . 

34 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I'd like that. I would love Love LOVE for Gogic to come back. If he was to be CB, if we go 3 at the back, who is dropped from Fraser, Shaunghessy and Dunne?

Dunne may not be with Saints if Aberdeen get their way.

46 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Are the Dons not going for Scales from Celtic as the left footed centre back though rather than Dunne?
If Dunne does go and Finlayson is gone we defo need 2 centre backs at least to cover cards and injuries.

You could be right. Earlier rumour was a fee of £350k quoted to the Dons for Dunne. May have put them off.

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Are the Dons not going for Scales from Celtic as the left footed centre back though rather than Dunne?
If Dunne does go and Finlayson is gone we defo need 2 centre backs at least to cover cards and injuries.

The cash Aberdeen will get from selling Ramsey will give them plenty money to get Dunne

18 hours ago, Ethan said:

The cash Aberdeen will get from selling Ramsey will give them plenty money to get Dunne

I never actually considered this.

Scales could be brought in as their left-back or their centre half, with Dunne doing a similar job.
I doubt they would spend 350k, though may come back with an improved offer.

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

Yip , still a decent player and would do a job for us.

I would say no.

He had 2 spells with us and by all accounts he couldn't wait to leave both times.

Have a feeling Goodwin will take him anyway. 

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He'll command a fee as he's tied to the club for another year so I think it's a non starter.

Not if they're looking to offload him. 

He might be willing to settle for a payoff from them(Hibs).

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It's been reported that Hibs are looking for offers ergo, I think, a transfer fee.

Probably would be happy with a nominal fee since he's now surplus to requirements. 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

Probably would be happy with a nominal fee since he's now surplus to requirements. 

McGinn would need to take a pay cut coming back to us so he would need Hibs to pay upon the remainder of his contract. Not going to happen. McGinn will dour it out or get a move to a comparable club which I doubt will happen.

23 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Actually saw him and his family in a town relatively close to Paisley a short time ago............

Not that necessarily means anything other than being back in the west looking around facilities, housing, schools etc

23 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

I would have no worries about him coming back but Robinson may want a younger age profile for the team overall. As to him leaving in the past to go where the money is better - not a problem. That’s what players do.