Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

10 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Who’s going to Aberdeen? Dunne? I can’t see many more going? Goodwin was a bluffer and I’m not sure every player believes his nonsense.

Dunne may well be off but with money coming to us from Aberdeen. Ok. As for other current players, I don’t see JG wanting to take them other than Jay. If I am wrong (which is possible) then it will cost them money which will come to us which we can use to add to our squad. (Same if we sell Ethan elsewhere).

Jay is however, a very promising young player and wouldn’t be the first (or the last I hope) who is coveted by a richer team. If he goes it will do two things. Bring in money and help show that our Investment in the Academy is working by introducing young players like Jay into the first team squad and attracting transfer interest and brings in money with add ins as they move to bigger clubs again.

Edited by Rascal

6 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Aberdeen are loaded.  Think they will sign at least 12 players . Can see them being interested in Dunn ( well documented) and Brophy  , a very good player  , who would be  so much better in a very attack minded team . And think that they might make a bid for Henderson in the hope that they can can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay . 

You think Goodwin is going to sign Henderson in hope they can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay? You would get on well on the st mirren supporters page on Facebook with chat like that mate.

Aberdeen is a dump and not many players want to go there, Ronan won’t go to Aberdeen, he will sign for Hearts before Aberdeen.

Dunne is an average defender and I will volunteer to drive him to Aberdeen if we get a 6 figure bid for him.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You think Goodwin is going to sign Henderson in hope they can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay? You would get on well on the st mirren supporters page on Facebook with chat like that mate.

Aberdeen is a dump and not many players want to go there, Ronan won’t go to Aberdeen, he will sign for Hearts before Aberdeen.

Dunne is an average defender and I will volunteer to drive him to Aberdeen if we get a 6 figure bid for him.

Comparing transfer business of SR and JG I think SR is doing better in reshaping our squad. Unfortunately I can't see JG lasting beyond Christmas at Aberdeen and I do wonder how much of the money for Ramsey will be invested in the playing side. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ramsay now confirmed to Liverpool from Aberdeen for in the region of £6.5m so if there is genuine interest in Dunne, then it will surely get ramped up now.

It’s a very high fee for a player with so few games. Good move for him, but that is an enormous fee for Aberdeen.

It’s a very high fee for a player with so few games. Good move for him, but that is an enormous fee for Aberdeen.
A lot of add ons incorporated into that total I'd imagine.

TBH he's never really stood out when I've seen him play.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just imagine what Alex Beckett would be worth in todays transfer fees.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think i saw it's £5.5m upfront before addons. Including a 20% sell on for Aberdeen.

Looks like interest in Tom Pietermaat has cooled at our side which means he's moved elsewhere. Our lack of commitment to move on him makes me think that Gogic and Matt Butcher remain our main two holding mid targets. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20220576.tom-pietermaat-makes-st-mirren-frustration-statement-pens-deal-patro-eisden/

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like interest in Tom Pietermaat has cooled at our side which means he's moved elsewhere. Our lack of commitment to move on him makes me think that Gogic and Matt Butcher remain our main two holding mid targets. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20220576.tom-pietermaat-makes-st-mirren-frustration-statement-pens-deal-patro-eisden/

Portsmouth have dropped their interest in Butcher too.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I think i saw it's £5.5m upfront before addons. Including a 20% sell on for Aberdeen.

Radio Scotland yesterday said £4.5m rising to a possible £7m

Dont know how much of the Henderson to Aberdeen chat is accurate but if there’s any truth in it we should slap a £2m price tag on him

14 minutes ago, HSS said:

Radio Scotland yesterday said £4.5m rising to a possible £7m

Dont know how much of the Henderson to Aberdeen chat is accurate but if there’s any truth in it we should slap a £2m price tag on him

Correct. We need to stop letting our talent go so cheap. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Ramsay now confirmed to Liverpool from Aberdeen for in the region of £6.5m so if there is genuine interest in Dunne, then it will surely get ramped up now.

Aberdeen won a watch with Ramsey. Imo he is not as good as Patterson who went to Everton. But hey well done on getting good money. Let's see if the Aberdeen board have any real faith in Goodwin and allow him to spend big. I think Dunne will not be heading North any time soon. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

All this makes for really good reading and once again I eat another slice of humble pie of jumping on the SR not good enough train.

It certainly does seem that he isn't going to be messed around with players taking time whether they have other contract offers or waiting possibly for other ones coming in. It would appear you either want to play for him or you are out. I actually like that attitude.

Also like the fact he is getting them in ASAP so the 'new' team gels for the start of the season.

I would check the sell-by date on the pie or stick in the freezer for now.  it will be 3 months before we see any evidence of how things are changing on the field