Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

Now here's where I would gamble on the income from McGinn and difference in top 6 income. Get him back to Paisley on a long term deal knowing grass isn't greener else where. 

Now here's where I would gamble on the income from McGinn and difference in top 6 income. Get him back to Paisley on a long term deal knowing grass isn't greener else where. 
Interesting. I don't know how I would feel about that as last season before he left he seemed disinterested or maybe it was just when Jim tried to play the weird formation where he tried Kiltie and McGrath next to eachother.

If it was a toss up with having the money I would go Ronan over McGrath any day of the week. Ronan could play anywhere in the middle. He was great box to box. Jim said he saw McGrath as a box to box in an interview at one point, bit never really saw him do anything of note in our own half.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Ronan won't be coming back to us and I doubt he'll be coming back to Scotland either. Outwith the Old Scum the only clubs who have paid in excess of a £500k fee in recent years have been Aberdeen and Hibs. Both can currently afford that but I doubt he will agree to go.

He'll want to prove himself at a higher level and, much as we don't like to admit it, playing in the English Championship would be a step up, not to mention a 5 figure/week wage.

18 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Ronan won't be coming back to us and I doubt he'll be coming back to Scotland either. Outwith the Old Scum the only clubs who have paid in excess of a £500k fee in recent years have been Aberdeen and Hibs. Both can currently afford that but I doubt he will agree to go.

He'll want to prove himself at a higher level and, much as we don't like to admit it, playing in the English Championship would be a step up, not to mention a 5 figure/week wage.

I know that he enjoyed his time in Scotland. His dad sat next to one of my sons at a Motherwell v St Mirren game had told him that Ronan was delighted to be playing every week. Maybe that will influence his decision.

I know he won't be back. As McGrath won't be back. I was just commenting that Ronan would be better, but neither would be back.

20 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I know he won't be back. As McGrath won't be back. I was just commenting that Ronan would be better, but neither would be back.

That's all very true we need to look forward to welcoming the next star next season who can use us to develop. it's a win win for both parties at the end of the day. 

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

No. There wasn't. Someone merely asked if we'd take him back. He was Never linked with us.

Calm down 😂

As soon as McGinn was made available by Hibs, he looked to be a good fit for us. Of course he’s due a spot in this thread. I only visit B&WA for the speculation thread these days but it’s posts like this to initiate bickering that make it totally insufferable at times. 

57 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Calm down 😂

As soon as McGinn was made available by Hibs, he looked to be a good fit for us. Of course he’s due a spot in this thread. I only visit B&WA for the speculation thread these days but it’s posts like this to initiate bickering that make it totally insufferable at times. 

Naw, it disnae!!! :)

About Conor Rohan…

I’m quite glad he’s now gone.

I was always afraid that I'd start posting about outdoor clothing.

image.jpeg.9e58a609dacb2addc638c8a205990f59.jpeg

Edited by antrin

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Naw, it disnae!!! :)

About Conor Rohan…

I’m quite glad he’s now gone.

I was always afraid that I'd start posting about outdoor clothing.

image.jpeg.9e58a609dacb2addc638c8a205990f59.jpeg

Nice wordplay there Mr A.

More speculation please about St Mirren and Ex St Mirren players….especially if there is a chance that they might return. 
I think Mallan is still out there!

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Anyone itk got info on the whole Gogic situation? If he signed I would be very happy.

I would feel the same about Gocic returning but don’t have any information.