Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

St Mirren been linked to Declan Gallagher , worth taking he done good for Well.

Never thought about him , but he was a Robinson signing for 'Well and he also gave him the captaincy, plus I don't think JG really fancies him !

22 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I have to say , know the name but not one who’s made me think “ wish he was with us “ . 

Would JG be looking at some sort of swap perhaps ?   We get Gallagher , Dons get more of our cast off toilets 🤔

43 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Big, strong, hard tackling centre back as I recall. I also thought he was a decent player. Played for Scotland. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/declan-gallagher-wanted-st-mirren-27324417.amp

Edited by Rascal

16 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Big, strong, hard tackling centre back as I recall. I also thought he was a decent player. Played for Scotland. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/declan-gallagher-wanted-st-mirren-27324417.amp

Very surprised we are even in the running for him !  Hope it’s true, did he not have a bit of a colourful past? 

27 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Not someone I’d like to see at our club. I’d rather promote from youth academy.

Aye but if we do them a favour and take him off their hands then we can add a bit extra on the asking price for Dunne. 😉

48 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Can see it being a straight swop with Aberdeen continuing to pay most of his wages . 

Aberdeen will give him a pay off to get him off the wage bill, they certainly won’t carry on paying his wages.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Aberdeen are so money now they're even paying our transfer fees for us. Goodwin is some guy.

It’s nothing new in fitba.

Souness helped Rangers shift all sorts of broken fitba players from that club, before it died.  Mind ye, Souness was being paid via an EBT, iirc….

“I was doing work for Rangers,” Souness explained. “I’m not being blasé, how much was it? And what was the largest one that someone received? That’s a lot of money isn’t it?

“Well I was in between jobs and I was going to scout players for Glasgow Rangers at that time, on the continent. Does that answer it?”

If Souness was working for Rangers at the time income tax of £12,000 would have been paid to Her Majesty from the £30,000 EBT paid. In answer to Souness’ question his former friend Dave Murray got the highest EBT payment, a total of £6m.

During his time at Blackburn Souness signed Barry Ferguson and Tugay from the club chaired by old his old friend from Edinburgh David Murray.

As manager of Newcastle Souness negotiated an £8m fee for Jean Alain Boumsong six months after he had been signed on a Bosman deal from Auxerre.

Boumsong received an EBT payment of £630,000 for 18 games with the Ibrox club according to documents seen by BBC Scotland.

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

It’s nothing new in fitba.

Souness helped Rangers shift all sorts of broken fitba players from that club, before it died.  Mind ye, Souness was being paid via an EBT, iirc….

“I was doing work for Rangers,” Souness explained. “I’m not being blasé, how much was it? And what was the largest one that someone received? That’s a lot of money isn’t it?

“Well I was in between jobs and I was going to scout players for Glasgow Rangers at that time, on the continent. Does that answer it?”

If Souness was working for Rangers at the time income tax of £12,000 would have been paid to Her Majesty from the £30,000 EBT paid. In answer to Souness’ question his former friend Dave Murray got the highest EBT payment, a total of £6m.

During his time at Blackburn Souness signed Barry Ferguson and Tugay from the club chaired by old his old friend from Edinburgh David Murray.

As manager of Newcastle Souness negotiated an £8m fee for Jean Alain Boumsong six months after he had been signed on a Bosman deal from Auxerre.

Boumsong received an EBT payment of £630,000 for 18 games with the Ibrox club according to documents seen by BBC Scotland.

Gies piece. 👎

Not sure about Gallagher to be honest. He went through a great run of form and was brilliant in his first season with Well but his form dipped badly in the period leading up to Robinson leaving them.
Up at Aberdeen, Gallagher and Bates together were like Laurel and Hardy at the back. He’s got a bit of baggage too.

Robinson knows him better than any of us though and we need another CB, but wary of who might head away from Paisley up to Aberdeen from us.

Would take Gogic before Gallagher. 

Edited by Balmullo Bud

It does appear that SR isn't going to wait about for Gogic. If he can get Gallagher AND Gogic then fantastic really. But good to see us being proactive really.
I think if Gogic was going to sign for us, he'd have done it by now. 
Hope im wrong. 
Is Greive not still on holiday as he had international shizzle on later. Would this be the same for Gogic anyway? Taking a bit of time out from Cyprus duty?

Edited to add I hope this is the case as I would love for him to sign perm with us and get someone like Gallagher

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Is Greive not still on holiday as he had international shizzle on later. Would this be the same for Gogic anyway? Taking a bit of time out from Cyprus duty?

Didn't think of that one. Fingers crossed he sees the intent that SR has on building the team and signs

Didn't think of that one. Fingers crossed he sees the intent that SR has on building the team and signs
I follow both Greive and Gogic on Instagram and both seem to be away on holiday mode, that's what I have read into it. I live in hope he decides he will be an instant starter for us. Another team in Scotland, probably not as much. You would hope he wouldn't go to Killie either and him and Power together didn't work.