Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

57 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Tanser was never really injured at St.Johnstone.

His injury problems seem to have developed with us.

We do need to bring in a LB/LWB.

With Fraser filling in for Gallagher yesterday, we had no real cover for Strain either.

As other post thanks for clearing that one 👍

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

extremely honest article on Scott Allan.  Definitely worth a punt on a shorrt term contract

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62543432?fbclid=IwAR1__9Be_72DOhTMcyUtYhTQqrtjvqLIWduBr7570YsEQJSMKwevuTvB-Vo

I agree. As long as the experts say his medical condition wouldn't be adversely impacted by him playing.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Erickson got a lift after Brentford gave him a similar chance.

(Brentford have backers with big wallets, but….)

Tough all round. Allan is a class player but takes time to get fully match fit by his own admission. The question of his heart condition might be making getting insurance cover for him either difficult or very expensive, if not both.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:32 PM, beyond our ken said:

extremely honest article on Scott Allan.  Definitely worth a punt on a shorrt term contract

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62543432?fbclid=IwAR1__9Be_72DOhTMcyUtYhTQqrtjvqLIWduBr7570YsEQJSMKwevuTvB-Vo

Ship has sailed, into Arbroath harbour.

Apologies for posting this twice, thought it would reach more people in this section of the forum. 

May be an image of 1 person and text

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies for posting this twice, thought it would reach more people in this section of the forum. 

Glad he's found a club- far too talented to be without one.

Hope he does well for them.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This is a surprise, a player who, no disrespect, better than the championship.

Watched the Arbroath story with interest last season and maybe a player like this could take them that step further this season?

With Gogic being the steel in the middle and cover for the back, I would love us to be in the position (in an ideal world) to add cover for the LWB position and I would love another Jonah Ayunga.
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Main if we could as I have found Ayunga more mobile, just as strong at holding the ball up as Main, and able to get up to head the ball on as a knock on. I think that will link well with Brophy and Greive type players.
Someone similar to Ayunga, who nips at the defence all game would be great to link up together, but also give an option off the bench too.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

Sunday Mail has us, along with Well and The Fakes, registering an interest in Robert Snodgrass.

I very much doubt we could afford his probable salary expectations. Non starter for me.

ETA:

I suspect we already pushed the boat out for Gogic

Edited by stlucifer

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Plenty of people said Tait and Fraser were done but they've both been stalwarts since the league campaign began, agree we could do with a proper left wingback but the others have done a great job thus far.

I was one of those people . Very happy to be wrong . 

Would like us to sign  a fast left sided player who can play left back and left wing . Wonder if Martin Foyle gas seen one lurking about the lower leagues .

32 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Plenty of people said Tait and Fraser were done but they've both been stalwarts since the league campaign began, agree we could do with a proper left wingback but the others have done a great job thus far.

Totally agree both have done a great job so far this season, but I think a Durmas type player would round off a so far excellent transfer window..

23 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Exactly...  why would anyone be looking to replace Tait in that role, he was up against probably the quickest player in the Scotland Martin Boyle and didn't give him a inch..  in fact I forgot he was actually playing