Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 hours ago, magnus said:

So no additional players in or out - but two first team players that will know the Club is prepared to let them go. That will take a wee bit of managing.

Every player at the club knows they can go if someone paid enough money for them.

Always like a new signing but glad nobody left.

4 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Hearing we got a deal over the line last minute with Kiltie going out the door in a swap deal with Killie for Calum Waters, great news for LB cover and cutting the budget slightly. Paperwork concluded already and announcement due today. 

A load of pish.

Robert Snodgrass is a thoroughly decent human being and a better role model for young players you could not find.

He was also a bloody good player.

I will be surprised though if he makes much of an impact in the Scottish Premiership at this stage in his career. Although I’d have taken a punt on him in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, antrin said:

No.

He had a shite cup of coffee at a Borders service station and THAT put him off the rest of the journey.

Not the first. Not the last.

Snodgrass

Saw him play for the Binos when he was on loan and he had talent.

Edited by Rascal

• 2 months later...

Not really sure where in the forum to put this, so adding it here.

After listening to the after match interview with Robo on Saturday I found this part to be worrying,

"This is the group of boys we have got and we are not going to be able to strengthen the squad, so we have to go with that. Hopefully we don't lose anybody."

The following teams are below us and all l, at times, seem to be able to pull money together and pull signings out the bag... And I'm sure they will to ensure that the 2nd part of the season they all come on better:
*Hibs
*Motherwell
*Ross county
*Kilmarnock
*Dundee United

Is this, like Robo said at the summer where were were done signing, no cash, but then brought in Gogic? Or if players went, would we be able to replace? Or as people would lead you to believe that we are f**ked financially that even if players go, we won't replace them at all?

Also what I have noticed from him coming to the club, Robo complained about all the young kids being loaned out under Goodwin, but not really getting to see under Robo any of the young players getting games really either. Would we move more to use the boys to fill the squad if players left?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Not really sure where in the forum to put this, so adding it here.

After listening to the after match interview with Robo on Saturday I found this part to be worrying,

"This is the group of boys we have got and we are not going to be able to strengthen the squad, so we have to go with that. Hopefully we don't lose anybody."

The following teams are below us and all l, at times, seem to be able to pull money together and pull signings out the bag... And I'm sure they will to ensure that the 2nd part of the season they all come on better:
*Hibs
*Motherwell
*Ross county
*Kilmarnock
*Dundee United

Is this, like Robo said at the summer where were were done signing, no cash, but then brought in Gogic? Or if players went, would we be able to replace? Or as people would lead you to believe that we are f**ked financially that even if players go, we won't replace them at all?

Also what I have noticed from him coming to the club, Robo complained about all the young kids being loaned out under Goodwin, but not really getting to see under Robo any of the young players getting games really either. Would we move more to use the boys to fill the squad if players left?

I would be happy to move on Brophey and bring back Offord or Jamieson

I would be happy to move on Brophey and bring back Offord or Jamieson
If it's true he is on a fair wage, Brophy has been a bit of a let down of a signing in my eyes. I'd love to let him go, but are the likes of Jamieson and Offord ready to operate at this level? Time will tell I hope.

21 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

If it's true he is on a fair wage, Brophy has been a bit of a let down of a signing in my eyes. I'd love to let him go, but are the likes of Jamieson and Offord ready to operate at this level? Time will tell I hope.

Possibly not but they have the advantage of being fit, playing and scoring.

24 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Have horrid feeling that if Brophy went to a competitor it would come back to bite us...look at Clark at Fakes... why did Utd let him go... 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Have horrid feeling that if Brophy went to a competitor it would come back to bite us...look at Clark at Fakes... why did Utd let him go... 

I agree. Brophy was in the Scotland squad when we signed him and was scoring some cracking goals for Killie. He has been really unlucky with injuries and we can't seem to sort it. Bit like Dunne when he was at Motherwell. We take a punt and he has been excellent. Bottom line Brophy is a very good player.

I’m sure we’ll let Brophy go if we can find a taker.

The problem is, will anyone be willing to pay his wages? Will we be forced to pay part of his wages for him to play for a rival?

I’m also sure we’ll be willing to let Shaughnessy go proving we have no injuries between now and end of transfer window.

I can also see Kiltie being someone we’d let go.

All good players but all very expensive not to be regulars 

Edited by Sue Denim

10 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

I’m sure we’ll let Brophy go if we can find a taker.

The problem is, will anyone be willing to pay his wages? Will we be forced to pay part of his wages for him to play for a rival?

I’m also sure we’ll be willing to let Shaughnessy go proving we have no injuries between now and end of transfer window.

I can also see Kiltie being someone we’d let go.

All good players but all very expensive not to be regulars 

Letting Kiltie go would come back to bite us on the arse as he would get a game for most clubs in the league, he’s the been the creative spark the past couple of games, he’s the only 1 that’s got something different about him, he brings more to the squad than the likes of what Gogic is currently, he’ll be sitting on a nice wage as well.