Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Letting Kiltie go would come back to bite us on the arse as he would get a game for most clubs in the league, he’s the been the creative spark the past couple of games, he’s the only 1 that’s got something different about him, he brings more to the squad than the likes of what Gogic is currently, he’ll be sitting on a nice wage as well.

I agree.

But Robinson signed Gogic so I can’t see him being offloaded, despite the fact that it’s turned out that we haven’t really needed him so far. Shaughnessy could have played in those games that Gogic has played so far. 

We’ll need to hope we can offload Brophy and maybe Shaughnessy because, as you highlight, I think Kiltie will be more attractive to other clubs.

11 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I agree.

But Robinson signed Gogic so I can’t see him being offloaded, despite the fact that it’s turned out that we haven’t really needed him so far. Shaughnessy could have played in those games that Gogic has played so far. 

We’ll need to hope we can offload Brophy and maybe Shaughnessy because, as you highlight, I think Kiltie will be more attractive to other clubs.

Got a feeling Erhahon might be away in January. Raised his game same as McLean did playing for his move. SR constantly talking him up, was in a paper at weekend stating he could be playing for either of the arse cheeks. Gogic sitting ready to step into position. Might be totally wrong and hands up if am.

Got a feeling Erhahon might be away in January. Raised his game same as McLean did playing for his move. SR constantly talking him up, was in a paper at weekend stating he could be playing for either of the arse cheeks. Gogic sitting ready to step into position. Might be totally wrong and hands up if am.
The change in Erhahon this season has been great. He has been with the club for a long time now and might be best to get something for him in January than lose him for nothing at the end of the season. We have Gogic who can jump in as the anchor or Kiltie has played great the last few, where you change up the positioning of the middle 3 and have Kiltie behind the front 2.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

It this was true I would hope we have replacements lined up. Both would command a fee as contracted to 2024.

Olusanya was signed on a 2 year contract in the summer. We need to get offload someone if he’s to get a chance

And Jamieson is now 20 years old and the leading scorer in League One.

On 11/17/2022 at 12:05 PM, Sue Denim said:

Olusanya was signed on a 2 year contract in the summer. We need to get offload someone if he’s to get a chance

And Jamieson is now 20 years old and the leading scorer in League One.

There seems to be a lot of silence over Olusanya. Barely kicked a ball in the first team and no status on his fitness. He isn't even making the bench. 

On 11/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, kevo_smfc said:

I hadn't even noticed in that game. He must be making his way back if its been a fitness issue. I would also imagine if Brophy leaves in the next window, he may get his chance.

Based on how our other signings have done , I don't think he will be a bad signing , and will offer us something as the season progresses  .

10 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I thought Alfie McCalmont was more like maybe Baccus. Maybe he is leaving or maybe Erhahon as got a new agent.

I'd say Erhahon's definitely on his way. His new agents (Anoton Ferdinand's agency) have been touting him on social media so they are definitely putting his name out there.

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd say Erhahon's definitely on his way. His new agents (Anoton Ferdinand's agency) have been touting him on social media so they are definitely putting his name out there.

Agreed, said a couple of weeks ago on this thread I had a feeling he would be off and this makes it look more likely. 

On 12/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, Langbank said:

Agreed, said a couple of weeks ago on this thread I had a feeling he would be off and this makes it look more likely. 

I tend to agree . From his point of view he will want to take a step up in wages and from ours, we will want some monies incoming.

11 hours ago, truesaint said:

Seems to be gaining a bit of traction this one, I have to say I’m not aware of this lad but if it’s true, looking like Baccus & Erhahon are maybe busy booking flights. 😕

• 2 weeks later...

EXCLUSIVE: St Mirren closing in on Taylor 

St Mirren are closing in on a deal for Waterford’s Richard Taylor.

Buddies boss Stephen Robinson is looking to seal a move for the central defender.

The former Burnley youngster has come on to Robinson’s radar from head of recruitment Martin Foyle.

The 22-year-old was across to Paisley for a club visit.

He is now waiting to see if a deal can be agreed to see him move permanently when the transfer window opens next month.

Taylor has also had senior spells at Southend and at Dagenham and Redbridge.

Foyle has been a big factor in shaping Robinson’s squad, bringing in the likes of Jonah Ayunga and Toyosi Olusanya.

St Mirren had a strong start and now find themselves just outside the top six.

The Buddies board are set to back Robinson and his squad as they try to push for European football in the second half of the season.

(Daily Record)