Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Noticed jay tweeting him saying last dance other day as well

9133BCF6-6B54-4B84-AF60-B19FFF80A1C8.jpeg

Not a great amount cash wise, but given he has 6 months left of his contract, i suppose its better than nothing. 

Hopefully we can add in a future percentage clause. 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not a great amount cash wise, but given he has 6 months left of his contract, i suppose its better than nothing. 

Hopefully we can add in a future percentage clause. 

A fair amount considering we have Gogic able to step in and potentially the guy from Leeds coming in on loan for us to have a look at him . Portsmouth would be a good place for him to continue his development and maybe get a bigger move , and Hopefully a few bob on a sell on clause . £350k would allow us to bring two in and bank £300 so in all fairness , not a bad deal .

I'm bored and guessing the players that SR was referring to regarding contracts.

5 the club have offered contracts to
Alex Grieve
Curtis Main
Marcus Fraser
Charles Dunne
Scott Tanser

4 younger lads that will be dealt with next or the club know that they're away
Dylan Reid
Ethan Erhahon
Jay Henderson
Peter Urminský

Players that won't be offered new contracts.
eamonn brophy
ryan flynn
richard tait
joe shaughnessy

Just my thoughts, don't think I've missed out anyone that's contract is up at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'm bored and guessing the players that SR was referring to regarding contracts.

Alex Grieve
Curtis Main
Marcus Fraser
Charles Dunne
Scott Tanser

4 younger lads that will be dealt with next or the club know that they're away
Dylan Reid
Ethan Erhahon
Jay Henderson
Peter Urminský

eamonn brophy
ryan flynn
richard tait
joe shaughnessy

Just my thoughts, don't think I've missed out anyone that's contract is up at the end of the season.

Greive I'm sure last time round was offered an extension to 2024. Brophy I'm sure is to 2024 as well. Same with Tanser, though if I'm honest I would love them to unearth a strain left wingback version. I thought he makes the left the weakest to other teams, as does Tait on the left for different reasons as one is better attack the other defence. My opinion is if Tanser has a poor game attacking he is a weak area.

Reid is likely off and hoping for rangers or somewhere else. Lack of games must be a huge thing to him and his family. Henderson doesn't get a look in. Maybe it is the formation, but I'd be shocked if he stayed. Only be if we moved to a 433 and he was a winger I see it happening.

The rumours of Richard Taylor he is a left centre back. He would be cheaper and satisfies 2 positions as a cheaper version off the bench to Joe and being left footed take Dunne's spot with Gogic able.to fill there too.

Curtis Main
Marcus Fraser
Charles Dunne
Peter Urminský
Greg Kiltie

Not sure on Flynn and Tait. Maybe cheap bench options?!

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Curtis Main
Marcus Fraser
Charles Dunne
Peter Urminský
Jay Henderson

2 that have possibly told the club that they'll be leaving.
Dylan Reid
Ethan Erhahon

ryan flynn
richard tait
joe shaughnessy

Never missed anyone, just got 1 or 2, or was that 3 wrong. [emoji2957]

21 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Greive I'm sure last time round was offered an extension to 2024. Brophy I'm sure is to 2024 as well. Same with Tanser, though if I'm honest I would love them to unearth a strain left wingback version. I thought he makes the left the weakest to other teams, as does Tait on the left for different reasons as one is better attack the other defence. My opinion is if Tanser has a poor game attacking he is a weak area.

Reid is likely off and hoping for rangers or somewhere else. Lack of games must be a huge thing to him and his family. Henderson doesn't get a look in. Maybe it is the formation, but I'd be shocked if he stayed. Only be if we moved to a 433 and he was a winger I see it happening.

The rumours of Richard Taylor he is a left centre back. He would be cheaper and satisfies 2 positions as a cheaper version off the bench to Joe and being left footed take Dunne's spot with Gogic able.to fill there too.

Curtis Main
Marcus Fraser
Charles Dunne
Peter Urminský
Greg Kiltie

Not sure on Flynn and Tait. Maybe cheap bench options?!

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I believe Flynn is our longest serving current first team player !   

I’d happily keep him as a very useful squad player if he was happy to sign for another year . 

22 minutes ago, Langbank said:

He’s apparently good mates with the guy who was sent off on Saturday and who has since had abuse online. Possibly just supporting him.

Just looked , they came through the Wycombe youth system and played together there for a couple of years so yeah, more than likely to be pals but why post the Aberdeen crest ?  
Why not re-post aberdeens statement about the incident or some anti - racism thing 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, billyg said:

I see talk that Joe is leaving at the end of the window for an Irish club , staying for now until injury suspension situ is resolved !

If that's the case, we've dodged a bullet. I mean a suicide one. Much rather he went outside Scotland as I think he'd have come back to haunt us.

The guy did nothing to merit not being part of the team IMHO. Even though he's been sidelined he still plays with a smile on his face and for the team when called upon.