Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not at all worried about Ross County. If it’s a loan, Brophy won’t be scoring any goals against us and if he scores a few against our rivals for top 6 I’ll be delighted. 
If I was going to be concerned at all (which I probably wouldn’t be) it would be if he signed for the likes of Livingston or St. Johnstone. 

Maybe decades of struggle have taken their toll on me, but I’m still looking at the table and seeing that we are only 7 points off the play off spot. 

We are in a poor slump of form right now. We missed a great opportunity against Hearts to get more points on board. 

I don’t think our head to head record against teams in the lower half of the table is very good.

It’s important that we get back on track. However we just don’t score enough goals to win matches. 

If we lose Brophy to anyone in the league he will likely hit a spell of good form.

Edited by Albanian Buddy

23 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Maybe decades of struggle have taken their toll on me, but I’m still looking at the table and seeing that we are only 7 points off the play off spot. 

We are in a poor slump of form right now. We missed a great opportunity against Hearts to get more points on board. 

I don’t think our head to head record against teams in the lower half of the table is very good.

It’s important that we get back on track. However we just don’t score enough goals to win matches. 

If we lose Brophy to anyone in the league he will likely hit a spell of good form.

We're not in great form but we've only lost 2 of our last 8 and both of those were away to teams in the top three.

Just 1 win in that run though, with 5 draws.

Stating the obvious but if we can find a way of converting more of those draws into wins then a top six place is there for us.

The flip side of course is also true. If we slide the other way and those draws become losses then we'll quickly find ourselves in bother.

Such is the fine lines of this league.

Shipping Brophy out should significantly ease our cash flow issues, assuming County are going to pick up the majority of his eye watering wage. The Celtic cup money will also provide comfort I think and hopefully mean we don't need to lose anyone else.

14 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I agree with everything in your post except the last sentence. I don’t expect Brophy to set the heather on fire anywhere and I certainly don’t expect him to be the saviour that drags County out of the mire. Sure if he gets played every single week he’ll probably score some goals here and there, but if he finishes the season with more than 5 or 6 goals I’d be surprised. I still predict that the likes of Main and Ayunga will score more than him over the season. 
As for our recent form, another way to look at it is that we’ve slightly arrested our dismal away form with the draws at Livi and Kilmarnock and a narrow (and perhaps unfair) defeat away to Hearts who are flying and gubbing teams right left and centre. Only the skelping off Celtic should go into the very disappointing category, but let’s be honest, that could happen to any team.

I do agree though that we need to start putting some wins together. In terms of fixtures, I think we’ve just come through a period of “tough” games, but we are now entering a run of very winnable games and we need to start picking up more points during the upcoming period. 

We're not in great form but we've only lost 2 of our last 8 and both of those were away to teams in the top three.
Just 1 win in that run though, with 5 draws.
Stating the obvious but if we can find a way of converting more of those draws into wins then a top six place is there for us.
The flip side of course is also true. If we slide the other way and those draws become losses then we'll quickly find ourselves in bother.
Such is the fine lines of this league.
Shipping Brophy out should significantly ease our cash flow issues, assuming County are going to pick up the majority of his eye watering wage. The Celtic cup money will also provide comfort I think and hopefully mean we don't need to lose anyone else.
That was the main reason for our lofty position a couple of months ago we had hardly drew a match and with a higher percentage of wins than normal we were well up the league.

Fast forward those couple of months and we are back to being the highest team for draws in the league (something I think we were last season too).

I keep referring to Nisbet in nearly every post these days but Hibs were gash last 2 league games but had a striker(unlike ours) who calmly slotted in 5 goals to get 4 points when in all reality they hardly deserved more than 1.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

No idea where goals might come from, but we have to beat Motherwell on Saturday or else I fear we will end up in or near the play off spot. I do hope, though, that Robinson does not try for a loan player from the lower leagues in England. That hasn’t ,and never will, be successful. 

Carson, Tait, Tanser, Shaughnessy Taylor, O’Hara, Flynn, Main, Ayunga 

They’ve all played in lower leagues in England! 

Thinking about next season already this is how I have it

Contact ending 2023
GK
27. Urminský - 2023

Def
2. Tait - 2023
4. Shaughnessy - 2023
5. R. Taylor - 2023 with club option
18. Dunne - 2023

Mid
8. Flynn - 2023
12. Henderson - 2023
15. Reid - 2023
16. Erhahon - 2023

Fwd
10. Main - 2023

Players I have no clue about
32. Kenny
34. Campbell
30. F. Taylor
24. Jamieson
25. Offord

Signed up after season
GK
1. Carson - 2024

Def
3. Tanser - 2024
22. Fraser -2025
23. Strain - 2024
31. Gallagher - 2024

Mid
6. O'Hara - 2024
11. Kiltie -2025
13. Gogic - 2024
17. Baccus - 2024

Fwd
7. Ayunga - 2024
9. Brophy - 2024
20. Olusanya - 2024
21. Greive - 2024

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Thinking about next season already this is how I have it

Contact ending 2023
GK
27. Urminský - 2023

Def
2. Tait - 2023
4. Shaughnessy - 2023
5. R. Taylor - 2023 with club option
18. Dunne - 2023

Mid
8. Flynn - 2023
12. Henderson - 2023
15. Reid - 2023
16. Erhahon - 2023

Fwd
10. Main - 2023

Players I have no clue about
32. Kenny
34. Campbell
30. F. Taylor
24. Jamieson
25. Offord

Signed up after season
GK
1. Carson - 2024

Def
3. Tanser - 2024
22. Fraser -2025
23. Strain - 2024
31. Gallagher - 2024

Mid
6. O'Hara - 2024
11. Kiltie -2025
13. Gogic - 2024
17. Baccus - 2024

Fwd
7. Ayunga - 2024
9. Brophy - 2024
20. Olusanya - 2024
21. Greive - 2024

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Urminsky signed a year's extension a few weeks ago.

5 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

No idea where goals might come from, but we have to beat Motherwell on Saturday or else I fear we will end up in or near the play off spot. I do hope, though, that Robinson does not try for a loan player from the lower leagues in England. That hasn’t ,and never will, be successful. 

Can't see anyone coming in the way between now and the window closing, unless we cash in an Erhahon, Reid or Baccus.

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

Over on PnB saints forum massive interest in Baccus from Europe and England saying £400 grand plus add ons would see him on his way.Where do they get those numbers from.

Can only assume they haven't been watching him this month, would bite anyones hand off for that. He was brutal again at the weekend and was rightly hooked off. 

3 hours ago, elvis said:

Over on PnB saints forum massive interest in Baccus from Europe and England saying £400 grand plus add ons would see him on his way.Where do they get those numbers from.

That's what happens when you quote a loss.  Clubs believe your desperate. 

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

Can only assume they haven't been watching him this month, would bite anyones hand off for that. He was brutal again at the weekend and was rightly hooked off. 

So the guy has returned from the World Cup and his form maybe it’s as good. He is probably allowed a little dip wouldn’t you think? I’d be looking for a fair bit more than 400k that’s for sure 

27 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

So the guy has returned from the World Cup and his form maybe it’s as good. He is probably allowed a little dip wouldn’t you think? I’d be looking for a fair bit more than 400k that’s for sure 

Aye, lots of players were at the World Cup but, with the utmost respect, apart from the Argentina game, he was sub and hardly set the heather on fire.

Time will tell but some of the numbers thrown about on another thread are just, frankly, pure fantasy.

In the FIFA World Cup season 2022, Keanu Baccus played 1 match (plus 3 as a sub). They had 0 shots on target from a total of 0 shots and scored 0 goals (0.05 xG). Keanu Baccus averaged 12 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 67%, and had 0 assists. Keanu Baccus received 0 yellow cards and 0 red cards.

14 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Don't think he was that great before the WC either tbh. I wouldn't say he's been our best midfielder this season, I'd give that to O'Hara. I wouldn't even say he's been our best Australian this season, i'd give that to Strain. If anyone wants to give us £400k for him we should absolutely take it. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Don't think he was that great before the WC either tbh. I wouldn't say he's been our best midfielder this season, I'd give that to O'Hara. I wouldn't even say he's been our best Australian this season, i'd give that to Strain. If anyone wants to give us £400k for him we should absolutely take it. 

And quick, transfer window is slowly closing. :lol: