Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

And quick, transfer window is slowly closing. [emoji38]
I see Robinson's Motherwell press conference a couple of hours ago he said that Brophy move was a financial one(basically forced on him)and expects more departures before window ends.

Did the club not state that the 1.6 million loss was going to be balanced by end of this season??? Why now so desperate to raise funds then??? now we have Robinson more than once highlighting how skint we are and hinting that our players can go for whatever anybody wants them for something not quite right.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I see Robinson's Motherwell press conference a couple of hours ago he said that Brophy move was a financial one(basically forced on him)and expects more departures before window ends.

Did the club not state that the 1.6 million loss was going to be balanced by end of this season??? Why now so desperate to raise funds then??? now we have Robinson more than once highlighting how skint we are and hinting that our players can go for whatever anybody wants them for something not quite right.

I would suggest, not seen accurate figures, that quite a few other clubs are in a similar boat financially, Aberdeen and Hibs for starters (approx £5m) so we're not unique. 

Almost every decision in life is a financial one, good or bad. The move may have been forced or just an excuse,

but you don't seem to accept the guy never done it for us and doesn't fit into the Managers plans for the future. Despite all your claims

he cannot keep himself fit. He is still our player and if he shows his skills, that we have never seen, with Ross County we could pick up a nice transfer fee

if a team show enough interest to buy him.

There may not be a great financial saving since we will be paying the balance of his salary

SR mentioned this on the 14th of September.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/stephen-robinson-says-st-mirren-27986955.amp

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Heard that, worrying. Basically he's saying our squad is going to be weaker in February than it was in December. We are currently 7th which is what has been budgeted for... let's hope a weaker squad doesn't have us finishing below budget. 

Just read the article and although he says he has to financially balance books in January he was saying they were looking ahead to bring in players to replace ones that would leave, now it seems no replacements are getting brought in even ones on a lower wage level it's go with what we have.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Just read the article and although he says he has to financially balance books in January he was saying they were looking ahead to bring in players to replace ones that would leave, now it seems no replacements are getting brought in even ones on a lower wage level it's go with what we have.

We’ve brought back two, albeit young players, who play in his position. In numbers we’re no worse off although Brophy was more experienced.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And, TBH, as much as I had high hopes, he has hardly contributed so no real loss. 

Indeed, we've lost a player who hardly featured for whatever reason and Olusanya who again hasn't played much and brought back two young players who are both match fit and have scored goals recently albeit at a lower level, other than Henderson, who could give us something different, I don't really think we're that much worse off, the issue will be how much have our rivals strengthened while we've stood still.

23 minutes ago, magnus said:

Yep. I thought he was really tidy on the ball, put in a shift and broke play up.  Fraser and Carson also very good. 

I never said he had a poor game. I’m one of his biggest supporters. Just felt that the standard he set earlier in the season is what we should be seeing more consistently.

Yes totally agree about Fraser and Carson.

All the players we are talking about having played well today are defensive which sums up where we were lacking as a team.

We never really tested the Well keeper that often today. 

4 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I never said he had a poor game. I’m one of his biggest supporters. Just felt that the standard he set earlier in the season is what we should be seeing more consistently.

Yes totally agree about Fraser and Carson.

All the players we are talking about having played well today are defensive which sums up where we were lacking as a team.

We never really tested the Well keeper that often today. 

Had to hang on a bit at the end but a great 3 points. Relief to be heading up the table.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No thanks. Ropey temperament and if he can’t get a game for a shite United, he’s no good to us. 

What was your opinion on Main before Robinson came in mate? If we are in for Watt then I’m sure Robinson knows what he is doing.

5 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

What was your opinion on Main before Robinson came in mate? If we are in for Watt then I’m sure Robinson knows what he is doing.

When we signed Main I was happy. I thought he’d be ideal for us. 
He then proceeded to be absolutely shite for virtually a whole season (like comically shite) and I developed a massive Erwinesque downer on him. 
Since Robbo came in he’s been a transformed player and I’ve been very vocal in his praise and also my lack of faith. 
For me this is different as I don’t want Watt to sign in the first place. 
Like you say though, if he does, I’ll put my faith in the fact that Robbo knows what he’s doing. 👍