Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

• 2 weeks later...

BBC gossip saying

"St Mirren manager Stephen Robinson is ready to sign a new contract but Charles Dunne and Curtis Main are expected to leave the club this summer. (Sun)"

Good Robo signing a new contract. Shame if both Dunne and Main go, but from other articles I'm sure I read they already have a list of replacements.

I hope these replacements are of the standard or Strain, O'Hara and Baccus and not of Olusanya in his few outings. Players that can hit the ground running. I say this too as at times he could have some decent players for Motherwell like Mugabi, and then some stinkers too.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, FTOF said:

Sule played as a striker and attacking midfielder as a schoolboy, before switching to a defensive midfield role at St Pat's. His style of play been compared to N'Golo Kanté  🤨

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Seems with their issues Morecambe have a fair few players leaving the end of this season. Do you think there is anyone there from Robo's past he would see fit into the style he wants?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65528503

Loads of teams will be in for Cole Stockton

On 5/12/2023 at 9:43 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Gotta say having watched lots of the championship games this season , there’s not many in that league I’d fancy having at saints . 

You’re right about that, standard is atrocious.

Cast your mind back to the start of this season when there was a serious discussion about Dick Campbell replacing Robbo after we crashed out of the League Cup. Hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Cast your mind back to the start of this season when there was a serious discussion about Dick Campbell replacing Robbo after we crashed out of the League Cup. Hilarious.

Serious discussion? 🤣

As if Campbell would have left Arbroath. 😉

4 hours ago, Hunterian said:

To be fair, just keeping Arbroath in that division is success. He’s achieved that so it’s been a successful season for Arbroath! 

Much bigger clubs, full time clubs at that, in the division below……

Robo had said recently he had offers out to 2 defenders and 2 strikers. Does this matter if Dunne or Main sign on again?!
Does this include the 2 rumours in Jacob Bedeau (left sided centre back) and Kieran Bowie (Scottish striker from Fulham)?
If it doesn't include them you would hope with Small being loaned to end of year and no chat on Tait whose contact is due to end this year that the 2 defenders can play wing backs and potential centre back cover.