Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Bas Savage has left Tranmere - a solid Centre Forward in the Memhet mold - similar pedigree - maybe someone can post opta stats?

Chris Shukar also out of contract at Tranmere- an exciting livewire of a player - real ball player with pin point accurate crosses - loads of assists and an eye for goal - would be an exciting addition to the squad

Out of contract Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm and Player of the Year Jim Lauchlan, as well as loanees Ryan O'Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchinson will be leaving Dens, while Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement have been told they can find new clubs.

Wouldnt mind having a look at these players :wink:

Out of contract Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm and Player of the Year Jim Lauchlan, as well as loanees Ryan O'Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchinson will be leaving Dens, while Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement have been told they can find new clubs.

Gary Mackenzie - Already signed PC with MK Dons

Jim Lauchlan - Past it

Ritchie Hart - Couldn't hack the drop in division

Maros Klimpl - If he's not good enough for Dundee, his attitude must be poor

Bob Malcolm - Are you seriously having a laugh?

Edited by kevo_smfc

Go to a 1st division ground next season and you'll get a look at them. :wink:

Edited by HSS

• 1 month later...

Hey Just a thought but for looking for players what about Patrick Cregg who was at Falkirk and then Hibs, but has since been released. I always thought when he was with Falkirk he was a solid midfielder.

Also John-Paul Kissock was freed a while ago by Accies. Was he not supposed to have been quite a skillful wee player and must be only in his 20s. Plus will DL no have been at gretna with him?

Just some thoughts of players that might be able to do a shift next season.

Hey Just a thought but for looking for players what about Patrick Cregg who was at Falkirk and then Hibs, but has since been released. I always thought when he was with Falkirk he was a solid midfielder.

Also John-Paul Kissock was freed a while ago by Accies. Was he not supposed to have been quite a skillful wee player and must be only in his 20s. Plus will DL no have been at gretna with him?

Just some thoughts of players that might be able to do a shift next season.

A thought Cregg moved down to england to play not sure who with

not got a clue what Kissock is up to these days

Edited by smfcjordon

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a thought and felt I should share it.

So DL has come out and said he was signing the smaller/squad players at the moment and waiting until majority of player contracts expire as of 1st July to sign more quality/experienced players when he knows what money is left.

What has been reported is that DL is on holiday (again I wouldn't mind his job 2 holidays in space of few weeks), why would you go on holiday at a time when players become available?! whould this not be best time to be around? as the saying goes "The early bird catches the worm".

hope he is secretly bringing in quality as we speak!!!

Edited by Mainstand Sweary Mob

So DL has come out and said he was signing the smaller/squad players at the moment and waiting until majority of player contracts expire as of 1st July to sign more quality/experienced players when he knows what money is left.

What has been reported is that DL is on holiday (again I wouldn't mind his job 2 holidays in space of few weeks), why would you go on holiday at a time when players become available?! whould this not be best time to be around? as the saying goes "The early bird catches the worm".

We know that Gus handed his list of targets to the club and they then took it from there. I don't think Gus had any direct contact with players up until it was deemed something might happen regarding them coming to the club. Maybe the same "system" is still in operation now then? There doesn't seem to be as many people "in the know" about signing targets this time around so maybe this isn't the case anymore? f**k knows.

This is the time for him to go on holiday, nothing changes on July 1st, the players have known for some time that they would be out of contract.

What has been reported is that DL is on holiday (again I wouldn't mind his job 2 holidays in space of few weeks), why would you go on holiday at a time when players become available?

My guess is that he has particular players in mind.

Also, he will have made this known to the players' agents.

Alexander Graham Bell patented the first telephone on the 1870s.

QED. :wink:

He's told Yogi he's on holiday , however.........................wink.gif

Charlie Miller who although is 34 claims that he is still good enough to walk into any SPL club.

The name has cropped up time and time again on here along with Robbie Winters but if DL offered him training facilities and then looked to sign him would it be step in the right direction for us? Skillful and creative player in the middle of the park.

the guy could be worth a short term deal with which to prove he is due a longer contract

Same as Robb why not its win win all the way

Edit : If he's that good he might stolen after the short term deal its a risk both ways a guess

Edited by smfcjordon

Charlie Miller who although is 34 claims that he is still good enough to walk into any SPL club.

The name has cropped up time and time again on here along with Robbie Winters but if DL offered him training facilities and then looked to sign him would it be step in the right direction for us? Skillful and creative player in the middle of the park.

He's over from Australia staying with his aunt & uncle at the moment. Don't know if he's looking to move back here or not.

I think he could be a decent player for us for a season or two if we were to sign him - hard to judge though since no-one's seen him play for quite some time.