Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I posted this in another thread when replying to a comment and as usual I went off the topic to ramble on about something else, but thought maybe this is a better place for it.

Just wondering, Is DL counting the keepers and young guys in his 20 man squad he mentioned he wanted? I mean like Ally Love, Kyle Faulds, Kenny McLean, Jon McShane, Conor Ramsay and Peter Bradley as the young players.

Squad so far looks like;

Paul Gallacher

Lee Mair

John Potter

Hugh Murray

Steven Thomson

Michael Higdon

Garry Brady

Steven Robb

Craig Dargo

David Barron

Ally Love

Kyle Faulds

Kenny McLean

Jon McShane

Conor Ramsay

Paul Mathers

Peter Bradley

Marc McAusland

Darren McGregor

Paul McQuade

Craig Samson

Jure Travner

Gareth Wardlaw

David van Zanten

Sean Lynch

Paul McGowan

Including keepers (Mathers too) and the young players we have 26 players.

If take the keepers out;

Lee Mair

John Potter

Hugh Murray

Steven Thomson

Michael Higdon

Garry Brady

Steven Robb

Craig Dargo

David Barron

Ally Love

Kyle Faulds

Kenny McLean

Jon McShane

Conor Ramsay

Peter Bradley

Marc McAusland

Darren McGregor

Paul McQuade

Jure Travner

Gareth Wardlaw

David van Zanten

Sean Lynch

Paul McGowan

We have 23 players including the young players.

If take out Kenny McLean, Conor Ramsay and Peter Bradley (not sure about love, mcshane and faulds)

Lee Mair

John Potter

Hugh Murray

Steven Thomson

Michael Higdon

Garry Brady

Steven Robb

Craig Dargo

David Barron

Ally Love

Kyle Faulds

Jon McShane

Marc McAusland

Darren McGregor

Paul McQuade

Jure Travner

Gareth Wardlaw

David van Zanten

Sean Lynch

Paul McGowan

We have 20 players.

Does this mean we will not be getting anyone else in?

Or has DL gone for cheaper options to beef up the squad (incase of injuries etc) so he would have a minimum of 20 players for the season?

Then look at money he has left, then maybe get in 1/2/3 etc extra players (maybe bit more creative quality) in which would make us better off than he was aiming for with the 20 players?

Thoughts?

I posted this in another thread when replying to a comment and as usual I went off the topic to ramble on about something else, but thought maybe this is a better place for it.

Just wondering, Is DL counting the keepers and young guys in his 20 man squad he mentioned he wanted? I mean like Ally Love, Kyle Faulds, Kenny McLean, Jon McShane, Conor Ramsay and Peter Bradley as the young players.

Squad so far looks like;

Paul Gallacher

Lee Mair

John Potter

Hugh Murray

Steven Thomson

Michael Higdon

Garry Brady

Steven Robb

Craig Dargo

David Barron

Ally Love

Kyle Faulds

Kenny McLean

Jon McShane

Conor Ramsay

Paul Mathers

Peter Bradley

Marc McAusland

Darren McGregor

Paul McQuade

Craig Samson

Jure Travner

Gareth Wardlaw

David van Zanten

Sean Lynch

Paul McGowan

Including keepers (Mathers too) and the young players we have 26 players.

If take the keepers out;

Lee Mair

John Potter

Hugh Murray

Steven Thomson

Michael Higdon

Garry Brady

Steven Robb

Craig Dargo

David Barron

Ally Love

Kyle Faulds

Kenny McLean

Jon McShane

Conor Ramsay

Peter Bradley

Marc McAusland

Darren McGregor

Paul McQuade

Jure Travner

Gareth Wardlaw

David van Zanten

Sean Lynch

Paul McGowan

We have 23 players including the young players.

If take out Kenny McLean, Conor Ramsay and Peter Bradley (not sure about love, mcshane and faulds)

Lee Mair

John Potter

Hugh Murray

Steven Thomson

Michael Higdon

Garry Brady

Steven Robb

Craig Dargo

David Barron

Ally Love

Kyle Faulds

Jon McShane

Marc McAusland

Darren McGregor

Paul McQuade

Jure Travner

Gareth Wardlaw

David van Zanten

Sean Lynch

Paul McGowan

We have 20 players.

Does this mean we will not be getting anyone else in?

Or has DL gone for cheaper options to beef up the squad (incase of injuries etc) so he would have a minimum of 20 players for the season?

Then look at money he has left, then maybe get in 1/2/3 etc extra players (maybe bit more creative quality) in which would make us better off than he was aiming for with the 20 players?

Thoughts?

I hope that it doesn't signal the end of his signings. Despite the fact that Dorman looked disinterested at times last season, we've still lost between 5-10 goals a season from midfield that need replacing.

What about stuart duff? SPL experience, capable across a number of positions and could fill the hole at right mid?

i was speaking to a friend of paul mcquade and paul has been told he will fill the right midfield position and will fight it out for that place in the starting 11 with david van Zanten. also if david gets that spot paul will fight for the strikers position and barron will go straight into right back. also paul mcgowan can fill this position so there is plenty of cover if you include the youngesters. its left midfield we have a problem with and we need an attacking midfielder, unless we are going to see more of young connor ramsay.

i was speaking to a friend of paul mcquade and paul has been told he will fill the right midfield position and will fight it out for that place in the starting 11 with david van Zanten. also if david gets that spot paul will fight for the strikers position and barron will go straight into right back. also paul mcgowan can fill this position so there is plenty of cover if you include the youngesters. its left midfield we have a problem with and we need an attacking midfielder, unless we are going to see more of young connor ramsay.

I'd think we're more likely to see Steven Robb on the left if he's fit, but another left midfielder would be nice before august 31st. Unless he plans to play barron at LB and Travner in midfield?

Three interesting bits in the BBC gossib column today:

Dundee United have told striking trio Francisco Sandaza, Danny Cadamarteri and Jeno Myrie-Williams that they can leave Tannadice. (Daily Record)

St Mirren have taken former Grimsby Town midfielder Nick Hegarty on trial. (Various)

Former Rangers striker Alan Gow has failed to land a move to Russia following an unsuccessful trial with Krylya Sovyetov.

Dundee United have told striking trio Francisco Sandaza, Danny Cadamarteri and Jeno Myrie-Williams that they can leave Tannadice. (Daily Record)

We probably couldn't afford them, but Sandaza seems to pick up injuries, Cadamarteri has never really managed to hold down a first team place and Myrie Williams doesn't seem to be good enough- so no surprise they are being punted. Cadamarteri is probably the best of the trio, if Sandaza cannot say fit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS

Old, injury prone and shite.

Wouldn't be suprised if Lennon signs him! :lol:

Think you are having flashbacks to gus signing johnston at this time last season - or were you being ironic :wink:

• 3 weeks later...