Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

yeah - I agree, he would be a good shout.

It seems Hearts, St Johnstone, and a couple of English clubs are/were interested. If we had the funds available to offer Gow a deal, then I'd have thought we could potentially bring this player in. He's a young lad, and would be a decent investment IMO.

With Hegarty on the left looking promising in terms of delivery, we could do with an attacking wide right player who has a few goals in him, and a bit of pace too. That would give us more balance in the team. We would benefit from a creative central midfielder, but have been crying out for width and pace for years now.

Edit: On reflection, McGowan could play deeper in the advanced, creative midfield role IMO, if we weren't in a position to make a further addition - possibly in a 4-3-1(McG) - 2 type formation. Flat back four, Hegarty and A.N.Other (Myrie-Williams???) on the midfield flanks, with one of Thomson, Murray, or Lynch between them, McGowan sitting just in front, and Wardlaw and a striking partner up front.

Then again, based on a post I made yesterday, and if I'm being honest, I really know hee-haw about how the game should be played, so just disregard the above :)

Edited by Drew

It seems Hearts, St Johnstone, and a couple of English clubs are/were interested. If we had the funds available to offer Gow a deal, then I'd have thought we could potentially bring this player in. He's a young lad, and would be a decent investment IMO.

With Hegarty on the left looking promising in terms of delivery, we could do with an attacking wide right player who has a few goals in him, and a bit of pace too. That would give us more balance in the team. We would benefit from a creative central midfielder, but have been crying out for width and pace for years now.

Edit: On reflection, McGowan could play deeper in the advanced, creative midfield role IMO, if we weren't in a position to make a further addition - possibly in a 4-3-1(McG) - 2 type formation. Flat back four, Hegarty and A.N.Other (Myrie-Williams???) on the midfield flanks, with one of Thomson, Murray, or Lynch between them, McGowan sitting just in front, and Wardlaw and a striking partner up front.

Then again, based on a post I made yesterday, and if I'm being honest, I really know hee-haw about how the game should be played, so just disregard the above :)

Good post Drew, all that I would add is we need cover up front as Dargo looks likely to spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch sadly.

Good post Drew, all that I would add is we need cover up front as Dargo looks likely to spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch sadly.

See how you can sponsor a players home and away top, with Dargo do you get to sponsor the treatment table? seems to spend more time on it than wearing the stripes!

Why, Cause he can create good football in the middle of the park or cause he can score goals or is it cause he is a half decent football player???

No it's more to do with him being present when Alan McGregor allegedly raped a girl or maybe it's to do with the time he assaulted a Bouncer by kicking him on the head or maybe.........................

Myrie-Williams has signed with Fakes on short deal until Jan.

Hibs have signed a striker as Duffy is injured.

There must be players out there that could do us a turn.

wide pacey players?! Creative midfielders?! Strikers?! Or someone that could play in all three to cover the lack of width, pace and indeed now fit strikers we have.

I see dundee look to be in a load of financial shit with their sugar daddy ready to pull out. Maybe we could take gary harkins on loan for the season and ship one or two of our players in the opposite direction?

With them being in the shit, promotion is even more vital for them - can't see this one happening.

• 2 weeks later...