Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

It will be very hard replacing travner. He's quality.

I would suggest there are hundreds of left backs out there at least as good as Travner. We'll miss him only if we don't get some one else in. I would suggest that's the case for all our players eg we won't miss Higdon if Thompson signs. :)

I would suggest there are hundreds of left backs out there at least as good as Travner. We'll miss him only if we don't get some one else in. I would suggest that's the case for all our players eg we won't miss Higdon if Thompson signs. :)

Hundreds of left backs as good as Travner out there, I beg to differ Jure will be a huge loss to us if he decides to leave.

Carey & Barron both played well at left back under Gus.

Plus, Ian Harte 'signed' :rolleyes:

Carey was an expensive loan. Barron was 'converted' from right back and regularly slaughtered whilst learning the position. Even experienced players around him never helped. Barron learned the hard way.

Carey was an expensive loan. Barron was 'converted' from right back and regularly slaughtered whilst learning the position. Even experienced players around him never helped. Barron learned the hard way.

What is your point exactly? I know that you hate Gus and you'll do anything to knock him but both Carey and Barron were good at left back.

Carey, we paid a small loan fee and c*ltic covered some of his wages. Barron, converted into a top class left back and won most of the end of season accolades.

Bringing Carey back would be fantastic for next season and it would also be good if Barron stayed on.

Carey & Barron both played well at left back under Gus.

Plus, Ian Harte 'signed' :rolleyes:

Indeed, they did both play there - although Carey did not do well at leftback and even Gus admitted he wasn't a defender.

However, Carey was a winger and Barron was a centre-half who was moved to rightback then leftback when we had no one else. They were certainly not leftbacks he signed.

I'll give you Harte though, he did far more for us than that bombscare Camara.

Barron, converted into a top class left back..

While he had not a bad season I wouldn't call him a top class left back. Not really been missed much this season.

Had a steady season last year, was never absolutely outstanding but never let people down. Probably won most of the accolades by default as nobody stood out last season for the full season.

Won't be greetin' if he left, solid player and could well develop in to something more - then again he may not. As someone said about Travner, there are plenty of players out there that could come in for a simlar price and do as good or better a job.