Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

What is your point exactly? I know that you hate Gus and you'll do anything to knock him but both Carey and Barron were good at left back.

Carey, we paid a small loan fee and c*ltic covered some of his wages. Barron, converted into a top class left back and won most of the end of season accolades.

Bringing Carey back would be fantastic for next season and it would also be good if Barron stayed on.

Hate gus? Why would I hate a manager that took us back into the top flight and kept us there?

I hate the hero worship of him and constant use of his name to slaughter Danny Lennon.

Fact is that gus was fallible, made mistakes, he did a right good job, but at the expense of the eay Saints played for the tenure he was in charge.

He never nailed left back IMO, despite bringing through Barron.

Carey and Mcgowen both got 2 year extensions last year, barron was never left back, was good at defending, but struggled going forward, always had to cut inside onto his right foot. would love jure to stay, but looks very unlikely, mayde DL might line up another loan move from down south.

I see the Paixao twins have been released by Mr Tomato head at Accies anyone think either of them is worth a deal??

They are good players imo and I'd take a punt on them if we can get them on smallish wages. We'd benefit from their trickery and flair but I think one of them Marco (?) needs a knee op...

Edited by Murray7

They are good players imo and I'd take a punt on them if we can get them on smallish wages. We'd benefit from their trickery and flair but I think one of them Marco (?) needs a knee op...

are they like the a portugese version of the proclaimers i.e. you can't just get one of them? Not saying we should sign one, just curious.

IMO duffy would only be like dargo

good when playing but very very injury prone

Has he been injury prone in his career? He broke a bone in his foot and that kept him out this year, Don't remember him being injury prone before that

I think Duffy would be a decent signing, maybe out our price range mind you

Heard from a former saints player today that rory mccallister of brechin has knocked.back an offer from us.

Silly boy if true, he won't get many opportunities to move to the SPL after his really shite stint at Inverness and I doubt he'll get anywhere near that goal tally again if he stayed at Brechin!

Edited by Murray7

Silly boy if true, he won't get many opportunities to move to the SPL after his really shite stint at Inverness and I doubt he'll get anywhere near that goal tally again if he stayed at Brechin!

Aberdeen have been linked with him and I think the other team was maybe Dundee Utd. Not sure though if this is just media talk though putting the 2 closest SPL teams to his current location just now.

I thought with Danny Lennons summer signings from the lower leagues last summer would show that he has faith in giving these types of players a chance.