Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Would happily take either or both of them!

Someone posted on my Facebook earlier on that Imrie was going to sign for us. I agree Neil would be a decent signing, but has he not just came back from a long-term injury? Has he had injury problems before?

anybody think we should make a move for any of the ones getting released by aberdeen. Howard, McNamee and Derek Young are all free to leave

also i wouldn't mind trying to sign Chris Innes as he is leaving ICT in the summer possibly a good replacement for Potter

anybody think we should make a move for any of the ones getting released by aberdeen. Howard, McNamee and Derek Young are all free to leave

also i wouldn't mind trying to sign Chris Innes as he is leaving ICT in the summer possibly a good replacement for Potter

More than likely he'll sign for Dunfermline or Raiths.Closer to home

Agree on Innes, he is getting old but he's still a very solid defender at this level and has done well at Inverness, I'd be happy to have him back here on a one year deal. McGregor and Innes at the back would be incredibly solid :D

Agree on Innes, he is getting old but he's still a very solid defender at this level and has done well at Inverness, I'd be happy to have him back here on a one year deal. McGregor and Innes at the back would be incredibly solid :D

We let Innes go because our strategy was not to sign old pro's but to sign young or up and coming talent from the lower leagues. IIRC we were not prepared to meet Innes wage demands.

We let Innes go because our strategy was not to sign old pro's but to sign young or up and coming talent from the lower leagues. IIRC we were not prepared to meet Innes wage demands.

Rubbish, why did we sign the likes of Wardlaw then and keep the likes of Garry Brady? Innes also said that he was desperate to stay towards the end of his contract.

His antics at Falkirk last season will put people against him coming back but he'd be a cheap and effective player for us imo.

Rubbish, why did we sign the likes of Wardlaw then and keep the likes of Garry Brady? Innes also said that he was desperate to stay towards the end of his contract.

His antics at Falkirk last season will put people against him coming back but he'd be a cheap and effective player for us imo.

Wardlaw was cheap, Innes was too expensive, we got McGregor for less. Warlaw was cheaper than Mehmet as was McQuade. Brady was a mistake.

McNamee seems to be getting injured all the time now. Both Young brothers are pish. Howard wants to be first choice so if Gallacher stays, he won't come as back-up. Think the BBC article said he was getting released but I thought he'd signed a two year deal with them.

Innes is also injury prone now and probably best left alone - especially as the fact Inverness is quite a drive from Edinburgh didn't seem to dawn on him when he signed for them :lol:

Innes is also injury prone now and probably best left alone - especially as the fact Inverness is quite a drive from Edinburgh didn't seem to dawn on him when he signed for them :lol:

the reason he didn't bother about the long drive before is because recently his mother i believe it is has become very ill which is the reason why he wants to move closer to Edinburgh

I believe Innes WAS offered a deal but refused as he wanted more money. Same when he went on trial at Killie. ICT offered him something better obviously but he hasn't been a regular all season. I would have taken him for this season but think we should now be looking at younger options. For what it is worth I think Mair is ok when not playing with JP and is as good as Innes and younger and less injury-prone.

A tall dominat centre half , and a goal keeper who isn,t frightened to come off his line should be priorities , don,t know who they are , but thtas the type of player we should be looking to bring in for trials pre season.

Agreed, however every club is looking for these types of players, the teams with most money usualyy get the best one's.

A tall dominat centre half , and a goal keeper who isn,t frightened to come off his line should be priorities , don,t know who they are , but thtas the type of player we should be looking to bring in for trials pre season.

I thought Michael Laletin looked good last pre season, maybe we'll have another look at him :ph34r: