Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

left back, he scored a cracker against us when we won 3-1!

I remember that, just couldn't remember what side he played.

I would take him if looks as though JT might be moving on or looking to see where he could get a better deal from. be even better if could have both. then you'd have JT and Buchannan at left back and VZ and Barron at right back. This would mean that Cheesey could maybe be used in the centre or on the bench, but never grace the pitch at right back again as he is total p*sh there!

left back, he scored a cracker against us when we won 3-1!

.................... and two of our goals that day were balls played into the box by Van Zanten and Dargo both from the area that Buchanan was defending. He's another one of those good going forward but can't defend type like Travner and Carey !

Word is we made an offer for McAllister but he isn't interested

I went to the Ayr v Brechin play off match through the week there. McAllister didn't show up very well at all. Doesnt have a great first touch, isn't that quick and his general play wasn't too good. It might have been an off night of course.

The guy Moffat that Ayr had up front DID look worth a gamble. Pace, awareness, a good first touch and his all round play was quite good.

He was howked out of the juniors at Christmas. He's 27.

edit to add. And he scored a good goal too :P

Edited by Reynard

I went to the Ayr v Brechin play off match through the week there. McAllister didn't show up very well at all. Doesnt have a great first touch, isn't that quick and his general play wasn't too good. It might have been an off night of course.

The guy Moffat that Ayr had up front DID look worth a gamble. Pace, awareness, a good first touch and his all round play was quite good.

Was that the boy that was the Ayr number 7 when we played them? In the first half he won most of the balls in the air against Lee Mair and looked to put himself about.

Was that the boy that was the Ayr number 7 when we played them? In the first half he won most of the balls in the air against Lee Mair and looked to put himself about.

I can't actually remember Ayrs line up in that game or who was playing for them! It possibly was him though, I think they signed him from the local juniors around that time but I don't know whether he would have been cup tied or not? I need to check the line ups.

But I think Stu on here mentioned that we had been taking a look at the guy so I was paying more attention this time :P And McAllister was playing as well so I thought I'd trot down for a look.

It's hard to judge a players true level from that though, I think you just have to look at what they do on the pitch, their touch, vision and stuff like that. Moffat has certainly got all of that and he is physical and direct. But there's no way of telling if he could do it at a better level or not. It would be a gamble. McAllister has already shown he can't do it at the top level.

A guy on the OS forum says one of the papers claims we're trying to sign McGowan :) and Carey :D

Is Carey still contracted to c*ltic? if so, can we sign more than one player on loan from the same Scottish club?

I'd be more than happy to have McGowan for another year, and if we could pull off the Carey signing, that would be tremendous.

Is Carey still contracted to c*ltic? if so, can we sign more than one player on loan from the same Scottish club?

I'd be more than happy to have McGowan for another year, and if we could pull off the Carey signing, that would be tremendous.

No idea but that does sound like the sort of stupid rule you'd get from the SFA/SPL <_<

Think Carey has another year, McGowan definitely does.

EDIT: Going by Wikipedia, Carey got offered a two year deal last summer.

Edited by Stu