Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

id love carey back but mcgowan is shite

unless we tried him up front with thompson or as a cf behind thompson

No he isn't.

He contributed to many of our most important goals last season. Off the top of my head, I can recall 2 against Hamilton when we defeated them 3-1 at home to pretty much secure our survival. He set up Higdon for at least one of his goals away against Utd (an inch-perfect cross), and linked with Travner when the latter scored at the death to beat Aberdeen at Greenhill Road.

Edited by Drew

No he isn't.

He contributed to many of our most important goals last season. Off the top of my head, I can recall 2 against Hamilton when we defeated them 3-1 at home to pretty much secure our survival. He set up Higdon for at least one of his goals away against Utd (an inch-perfect cross), and linked with Travner when the latter scored at the death to beat Aberdeen at Greenhill Road.

wow a couple of assists. amazing!!!!

paul gallacher/our defenders probably gets more with his punts up the field. mcgowan is just a moany wee ned who runs about in circles all day which obviously impresses people like you. he found his level at morton in the second division and hamilton fans will tell you that he isnt capable of anything at spl level.

wow a couple of assists. amazing!!!!

paul gallacher/our defenders probably gets more with his punts up the field. mcgowan is just a moany wee ned who runs about in circles all day which obviously impresses people like you. he found his level at morton in the second division and hamilton fans will tell you that he isnt capable of anything at spl level.

People like me who are willing to provide something concrete to back up our views as opposed to people like you who just use pejorative language about players but offer nothing of substance to any debate?

Well, maybe you're right in that respect :rolleyes:

BTW, are you seriously suggesting that we should concern ourselves with what Hamilton fans think in terms of players being capable of playing in the SPL? Do you ever read back over your posts :lol:

ETA: I offered 4 examples (off the top of my head) of his contribution to very important goals for us. I'm not sure what school you went to, but that doesn't constitute a couple as far as I'm aware. Not the brightest star in the firmament, eh?

Edited by Drew

Is Carey still contracted to c*ltic? if so, can we sign more than one player on loan from the same Scottish club?

I'd be more than happy to have McGowan for another year, and if we could pull off the Carey signing, that would be tremendous.

After his 6 month loan stint with Huddersfield Town, Lee Clark was desperate to sign Carey up for the rest of the season on loan but it didn't come off and he returned to c*ltic. I notice he made 19 apps and scored 2 goals as well whilst on loan.

Would not be surprised if Lee Clark makes another move for Carey especially after the season Huddersfield have had and would probably be able to offer Carey better terms than us unfortunately.

Wants to finish his final year as an apprentice plumber, someone said he wants £1500 a week as that what his wage will be combined with part time football and plumbing.

He must be the oldest apprentice in Scotland. :unsure:

People like me who are willing to provide something concrete to back up our views as opposed to people like you who just use pejorative language about players but offer nothing of substance to any debate?

Well, maybe you're right in that respect :rolleyes:

BTW, are you seriously suggesting that we should concern ourselves with what Hamilton fans think in terms of players being capable of playing in the SPL? Do you ever read back over your posts :lol:

ETA: I offered 4 examples (off the top of my head) of his contribution to very important goals for us. I'm not sure what school you went to, but that doesn't constitute a couple as far as I'm aware. Not the brightest star in the firmament, eh?

hmm. i see your last resort is to personal insults. nice.

mcgowan will split our support some of our supporters will find a reason to like him. no idea why, is it because you are fooled by his first class circle running? or are you a c*ltic sympathiser?

paul mcgowan has been rubbish for us and not a patch on graham carey like it or lump it, dhrew.

paul mcgowan has been rubbish for us and not a patch on graham carey like it or lump it, dhrew.

Couldn't agree more. Flatters to deceive with little or no end product and ,when given a certain job to track back and mark , fails spectacularly. I won't lose any sleep if he never "graces" the stripes again!

the Record has similar. Also confirms Steven Thompson as a St Mirren player.

would love it if we got carey but i think he will be heading to huddersfield. atleast danny is making an attempt to bring him back though.

Is anyone else at least a bit optimistic with the players we are looking at for pre-season? Burns, Thompson, Carey and McGowan are all good players to be targetting as opposed to our targets last season. I understand we wont get them all but it looks like DL has learned about Quality over Quantity

Hopefully we can avoid any trialist debacles like we have had last season though

Is anyone else at least a bit optimistic with the players we are looking at for pre-season? Burns, Thompson, Carey and McGowan are all good players to be targetting as opposed to our targets last season. I understand we wont get them all but it looks like DL has learned about Quality over Quantity

Hopefully we can avoid any trialist debacles like we have had last season though

For me it depends on two things, whether we get them and what injuries lay ahead next season (obviously the latter is out with our hands)

Id quite happily sign a decent starting 11 plus subs and if needed rely on youth to cover injuries/suspensions.

Going by the players released and the players were looking at i think this is the case, heres hoping said injuries/suspensions dont come back and bite us on the arse!

Record suggests that Carey has a future at CelticFootballClub, and that there will be a fee involved in the McGowan signing.

maybe we could get carey on loan for half a season like before although it isnt really ideal.

Would be happy if we got McGowan although i fear many on here wouldnt. Tbh if we signed him on a permanant deal i think wed see a different player. Now this is just my opinion but i always get the feeling that McGowan didnt give a f**k last season and was a bit "billy big baws" at times. That woiuld all change if he was an actual saints player

Next season he wont be playing to impress the c*ltic hierachy hell be playing for us, his survival and most probably a move somewhere bigger

I thought McGowans attitude improved at the season went on. His moaning at his team-mates decreased and he began to realise he had team-mates and didnt have to do it all himself. I think he would be a good acquisition but dont know about paying a fee for him.

Carey is out our budget as C*ltic know they could get some money for him. Loan deal would be the best we could hope for.

Edited by Sonny

hmm. i see your last resort is to personal insults. nice.

mcgowan will split our support some of our supporters will find a reason to like him. no idea why, is it because you are fooled by his first class circle running? or are you a c*ltic sympathiser?

Yet again, you fail to add anything of substance to the debate. I note you did take the time to send me a PM, though, in which you state that I am clearly a c*ltic supporter. I won't even waste my time responding to that childish nonsense.

Get back to me when your baws have dropped sonny :rolleyes:

ETA: that outrageously witty PM:

hey dhrew. why do you kid on you support st mirren when you obviously support c*ltic?

Edited by Drew

[Added from incorrect thread - please feel free to ignore the Grant Hanley topic]

Mentioned this briefly over on the OS. Didn't want to put it in the 'General Discussion' section as it is more a query than anything else.

With Danny Lennon making trips to Blackburn this season I wonder if he discussed the possibility of taking Grant Hanley on loan next season.

May well be out of our price bracket or may be in their first team plans for next season. Given his limited appearances this season and Blackburn staying in the Premiership I would suspect not. In light of Craig Levein's comments about first team football I'd imagine the player himself will be eager for a loan move.

Definitely more of a Championship/SPL top-6 player but after DL saying releasing Potter was a risk I wonder if this move was what he had in mind...

Would love to see a back four of Travner/McGregor/Hanley/Barron. Having said that, it is something I have completely built up in my own head.

Darryl Duffy was on that Blue Heaven programme last night. He's a free agent after leaving Bristol Rovers. Was on loan at Hibs last season, but picked up an injury and didn't feature much.

He's had a bit of a nomadic career, but I'd be happy to see him sign if McAllister isn't interested in coming. In fact I'd take him over McAllister in any case. Was linked to St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago, but hasn't signed for anyone yet.

This is the 1st time av posted but a got a txt fae a m8 who sed Gavin rae and Chris Burke r both in talks wi us !??!

A don't think we will get them but if it's true it at least shows a bit if ambition in tht we r trying 2 improve !!

I did think Gavin Rae was goin 2 Aberdeen tho !

Coys