Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Chris Burke? :lol:

He's played like every game for Cardiff since he moved down there and they've been in the playoffs twice in two seasons. I'm pretty sure he's not ready to leave that career for a move to St. Mirren.... :blink:

With Gavin Rae I think there's slightly more of a chance of us being realistically interested, but I'd be really surprised if he came here. If he's coming to Scotland it'll be with Aberdeen.

The Grant Hanley deal is a good shout, I'd thought about it a few times, but haven't really heard much about him other than Levein rates him highly. He's been getting some game time this year too, but they might like to see him go out on loan for experience - and I'd be disappointed if we never made an enquiry. Whether he'd have better options remains to be seen, but I doubt we'd be the most attractive option :(

Chris Burke? :lol:

He's played like every game for Cardiff since he moved down there and they've been in the playoffs twice in two seasons. I'm pretty sure he's not ready to leave that career for a move to St. Mirren.... :blink:

With Gavin Rae I think there's slightly more of a chance of us being realistically interested, but I'd be really surprised if he came here. If he's coming to Scotland it'll be with Aberdeen.

The Grant Hanley deal is a good shout, I'd thought about it a few times, but haven't really heard much about him other than Levein rates him highly. He's been getting some game time this year too, but they might like to see him go out on loan for experience - and I'd be disappointed if we never made an enquiry. Whether he'd have better options remains to be seen, but I doubt we'd be the most attractive option :(

Pretty sure Chris Burke was released by Cardiff

Seriously? :o Must have been him not wanting to re-sign because he plays all the time and Dave Jones loves him. Must have an offer from a bigger team or something. He's not gonna come back to the SPL anyway!

Burke was never offered a contract. Same with Bothroyd. Must be some severe cut backs after failing in the play offs two years running.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2011/05/24/bothroyd-and-burke-are-city-s-big-name-absentees-on-the-bluebirds-retained-list-91466-28749598/

This is the 1st time av posted but a got a txt fae a m8 who sed Gavin rae and Chris Burke r both in talks wi us !??!

A don't think we will get them but if it's true it at least shows a bit if ambition in tht we r trying 2 improve !!

I did think Gavin Rae was goin 2 Aberdeen tho !

Coys

Is your mate's name sid by any chance :blink:

Im led to believe that there is a good chance that Higdon is staying with us and also that another striker will be joining us who is still very young and has SPL experience although not a great goalscoring record. Although I must say whenever I have seen him I have been pretty impressed although I'm keeping the name under my hat meantime. This is all on top of Thompson signing! All looking good for next season :D

Seriously? :o Must have been him not wanting to re-sign because he plays all the time and Dave Jones loves him. Must have an offer from a bigger team or something. He's not gonna come back to the SPL anyway!

He wasn't offered a new contract accordingto that Blue Heaven programme on the other night

Im led to believe that there is a good chance that Higdon is staying with us and also that another striker will be joining us who is still very young and has SPL experience although not a great goalscoring record. Although I must say whenever I have seen him I have been pretty impressed although I'm keeping the name under my hat meantime. This is all on top of Thompson signing! All looking good for next season :D

Just give us the name :rolleyes:

Jamie Mole?

Sounds like a description of Nigel Hasselbaink. If it is he would be an ideal replacement for Dargo, very similar style. wink.gif

Has Gallacher been offered one or two years by us? Only reason i could see him going to them instead of resigning here.

he's probably only been offered a 1 year deal with us so it wouldnt suprise me if he went there.

How raging would Chris Smith be if Gallagher did go to the Pars. Someone taking your job twice.

i hope gallacher stays, i think he is a big player for us. have you heard anymore updates on contract talks mougie, higdon or travner?