Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

How raging would Chris Smith be if Gallagher did go to the Pars. Someone taking your job twice.

i hope gallacher stays, i think he is a big player for us. have you heard anymore updates on contract talks mougie, higdon or travner?

I would quite like Barlow to stay but if he doesn't it is not the end of the world, there are plenty of very good goalkeepers around that could easily take his place.

Tuffey at Partick Thistle is one example off the top of my head.

I would quite like Barlow to stay but if he doesn't it is not the end of the world, there are plenty of very good goalkeepers around that could easily take his place.

Tuffey is back-up at ICT now, signed last season

I do agree though, i would rather Gall stayed, but there will be plenty of good goalies about this summer, so i wouldnt lose any sleep over it

I see today in the daily record there is speculation that we are after Hughes and Patterson:-

St Mirren boss Danny Lennon keen on ex-Motherwell duo Stephen Hughes & Jim Paterson

May 31 2011

ST MIRREN are tracking Stephen Hughes and Jim Paterson as they bid to add some experienced SPL campaigners to their squad.

It is understood the Buddies have held talks with the agent of Norwich midfielder Hughes about a move to Paisley.

The 28-year-old still has one year remaining on his deal at Carrow Road but is unlikely to feature much for Paul Lambert's side in the Premiership.

St Mirren hope to tempt the former Motherwell and r*ngers star back north but face competition from his old club Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Paterson, meanwhile, is a free agent following his release from relegated League One outfit Plymouth.

The 31-year-old left-back has heaps of SPL experience from his time with Dundee United and Motherwell so would be a useful addition to Danny Lennon's squad.

Tuffey has just been released by ICT as he didnt get a game last season due to Esson being first choice.

Tuffey has just been released by ICT as he didnt get a game last season due to Esson being first choice.

I think if Gal was to go to Pars that Tuffey would be a good addition with him and Sammy. Question I have is, Do we always go for Keepers who can't come off their line or has this been coached to the by Mathers? Who is to blame the keeper or the coach?

Tuffey is back-up at ICT now, signed last season

I do agree though, i would rather Gall stayed, but there will be plenty of good goalies about this summer, so i wouldnt lose any sleep over it

Yeah sorry, my mistook. I meant Caley Thistle :D

They are ready to let him go * Story *

I see today in the daily record there is speculation that we are after Hughes and Patterson:-

St Mirren boss Danny Lennon keen on ex-Motherwell duo Stephen Hughes & Jim Paterson

May 31 2011

ST MIRREN are tracking Stephen Hughes and Jim Paterson as they bid to add some experienced SPL campaigners to their squad.

It is understood the Buddies have held talks with the agent of Norwich midfielder Hughes about a move to Paisley.

The 28-year-old still has one year remaining on his deal at Carrow Road but is unlikely to feature much for Paul Lambert's side in the Premiership.

St Mirren hope to tempt the former Motherwell and r*ngers star back north but face competition from his old club Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Paterson, meanwhile, is a free agent following his release from relegated League One outfit Plymouth.

The 31-year-old left-back has heaps of SPL experience from his time with Dundee United and Motherwell so would be a useful addition to Danny Lennon's squad.

We do have some younger players at the club as a wee bit of experience wont go amiss.

Yeah sorry, my mistook. I meant Caley Thistle :D

They are ready to let him go * Story *

Think the key points in this story is that ICT are willing to listen to offers for Tuffey and also interest from Championship and League 1 clubs. Think we would struggle to offer any money and also be unable to compete wages wise with what either Championship and League 1 clubs could offer.

Was on the tour of the ground yesterday when the boy doing the tour opened the directors guests lounge door and quickly closed it again having interupted a meeting on the other side. Could have been anything but there was quite a lot people around yesterday for a bank holiday at the club, Brian Caldwell looked very busy.