Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Is Hughes still under contract at Norwich for another Year? if so then whoever signs him will probably do so with a loan deal as I can't see any clubs in the spl willing or able to fund a transfer fee required.

Nah, I think Norwich are desperate to get shot of him. They're more likely to let him go for free and get him off the wage bill.

Edited by Murray7

Nah, I think Norwich are desperate to get shot of him. They're more likely to let him go for free and get him off the wage bill.

Fair point my Good man but if it's down to Money he's after then Motherwell seem to be in the position to offer more than us sadly.

Still maybe there's something in Seaside nippers post about Hughes needing a fresh challenge and him not keen on going back to one of his former clubs. having said that money talks.

Motherwell are in a far stronger position than us, they will have a higher turnover and that coupled with around an extra £80,000 per league placing higher than us is it any wonder that players are going to sign for them rather than us.

With the rewards for players being reduced at present and some clubs only offering one year deals who could blame a player taking as much money as they can get 2year contract on.

Steven Thompson is perhaps an exception as he has made his money and is here for the love of the club but there won't be many like him around especially where agents will be looking to maximise their cut.

so much for him being a done deal to come to us. shite as usual.

Cheer up, no-one ever said it was even close to a done deal. The only thing linking us was a bit of idle specualtion in a rag - he was never coming to us so we've not lost a thing. :)

Very good shout!

Really surprised there have been no rumours of him signing for anyone. Don't think he's even played in the SPL and didn't work out at Burnley but I think he'd be a great signing for Saints.

Got a lot to prove.

Hmm. Wonder if Hughes reckons he'll be a starting regular there. M'well actually have a decent midfield already.

Extra couple of hundred quid in his skyrocket though.

Did Kevn MacDonald not play against us with Dundee as a youngster the season that we got promoted? Seem to remember a him in the game when Mehmet scored to win the league.

Would love to sign MacDonald rather than Hughes as I think MacDonald would weigh in with a good few goals from midfield and be the box to box midfielder that we badly lacked last seasion.

it looks like david buchanan from accies is out of contract and is weighing up his options.

25 year old, played 220 times for bury and accies and has never been sent off.

General consensus amongst accies fans is that he was their player of the year last season.

sounds like a good value, strong addition to the squad?

it looks like david buchanan from accies is out of contract and is weighing up his options.

25 year old, played 220 times for bury and accies and has never been sent off.

General consensus amongst accies fans is that he was their player of the year last season.

sounds like a good value, strong addition to the squad?

I've been saying that. Did he not score against us this season? He's a left back too. I know we are looking for a smaller squad with more quality than last season, but surely he could do a job for us as a LB? Surely he would be open for say a 2 year deal and we could finally have a LB on our books for a decent lenght of time for a change?

Even if he isn't as attacking minded as say Jure, he can't be worse defensively? Just would mean putting someone in front of him who is more attacking.

I would maybe take him more than say Scobbie who's name has been mentioned on her.

I suppose it all hinges on whether or not Jim Patterson signs as he seems to be our top target for left back.

I too have read some Accies comments made about Buchanan and they do seem to rate him quite highly.

Is Paterson a left back though? I'm looking for clarification as don't remember him or seen him much. I know he was on loan at Aberdeen, but don't remember him. I thought he was more of a winger than a left back? whould that mean he is very similar to Jure as good going forward, though not as good defending? I don't know if i would want someone similar to jure in the attacking sense or would like to have an out 'n' out left back. would mean looking for someone with a good left peg who can attack in front of them. so that would be two signings needed. I'm just more looking to see if anyone can give more info on Paterson or has seen him more.

Is Paterson a left back though? I'm looking for clarification as don't remember him or seen him much. I know he was on loan at Aberdeen, but don't remember him. I thought he was more of a winger than a left back? whould that mean he is very similar to Jure as good going forward, though not as good defending? I don't know if i would want someone similar to jure in the attacking sense or would like to have an out 'n' out left back. would mean looking for someone with a good left peg who can attack in front of them. so that would be two signings needed. I'm just more looking to see if anyone can give more info on Paterson or has seen him more.

He is a left back, he likes to get forward when he can, has a good delivery from the left and he can take set pieces too. He is a good solid SPL type player, not spectacular but doesn't do much wrong and he is a decent defender as well. He would be a good signing for any SPL club I'd reckon (apart from either of the filth)

He has splay feet too :lol: