Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

id just like to point out i stayed at an expensive hotel two years ago for a night and steven thompson was there. i sat in the bar for a drink and he was already in the bar with friends and family drinking. i then went and had my dinner and came back about 2 hours later and he was still in the bar drinking. he then stayed drinking in the bar with those same people for what must have been in excess of a further 2 hours. is this the type of player we want at our club???

Sounds like a great lad to me. :cheers:guinness

You on the other hand.... How are things in the Wee Frees nowadays? :1eye

Just wondering if anyone from the SPL has been taking a look at Kris Doolan? Had a pretty good scoring record last season for the jags, and he has a reputation for being extremely hard working and a constant menace and annoyance to defenders.

Nothing too fancy, just all hard graft and good finishing, could be a great compliment to the likes of Thompson, Mooy and McGowan. Still only 24 as well...

I believe Thompson is going to become a St Mirren legend of the Frank McGarvey mould. I understand that alcohol stops people from achieving their true potential. I enjoy a drink or two and at times it has proven self destructive. This particular story may be true or untrue. Regardless, he is in a different stratosphere to Higdon, Mehmet, Lavety, Dargo, Kyle... I am incredibly excited. There's only 2 Steven Thom(p)sons....

id just like to point out i stayed at an expensive hotel two years ago for a night and steven thompson was there. i sat in the bar for a drink and he was already in the bar with friends and family drinking. i then went and had my dinner and came back about 2 hours later and he was still in the bar drinking. he then stayed drinking in the bar with those

same people for what must have been in excess of a further 2 hours. is this the type of player we want at our club???

Are you a Mormon? What a load of sanctimonious waffle.

Give the guy a break - he's not said we're going to sign him.

He's a really talented striker - strong, quick and good finisher - suspect he'll be off down south this summer.

Exactly.....friendly enough opening post from a tchookter and they are hardly going to be good foil for an exchange of witty repetoire. He asked for our opinion on Adam Rooney - so at worst it could mibbae have been posted in "other football", but hardly an excuse to lambast a new poster. :)

I really like Rooney, a classic striker with great finishing ability. Far too good for ICT and should be moving on to a higher quality opportunity. Whilst we are clearly a better quality club than ICT, our finances do not reflect that....at the moment. :)

Exactly.....friendly enough opening post from a tchookter and they are hardly going to be good foil for an exchange of witty repetoire. He asked for our opinion on Adam Rooney - so at worst it could mibbae have been posted in "other football", but hardly an excuse to lambast a new poster. :)

I really like Rooney, a classic striker with great finishing ability. Far too good for ICT and should be moving on to a higher quality opportunity. Whilst we are clearly a better quality club than ICT, our finances do not reflect that....at the moment. :)

Says the man with more faces than the Millennium Star diamond. :rolleyes: