Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Queens' fan on P&B saying that Bob Harris is going down south for a trial with a Championship side. If that doesn't work out, he'd do for left back.

Is that the same idiot who said Gus was still in Spain yesterday or Wednesday? Because that part of his post was complete bollocks.

I have my doubts that we will sign another centre back as we have Mair/McGregor as first choice and McAusland, Barron and Kennedy as back up. If Darren was to go then we would need another.

We need the usual left back as we seem to do every year, creative/ box to box central midfielder and a winger.

I would expect possibly a couple of players on loan and maybe not too many more signings compared to last seasons squad size. The player budget will be less than last year but hopefully the quality will be higher.

We will be relying on the majority of the squad staying fit if we are going with a reduced squad numerically.

I have my doubts that we will sign another centre back as we have Mair/McGregor as first choice and McAusland, Barron and Kennedy as back up. If Darren was to go then we would need another.

We need the usual left back as we seem to do every year, creative/ box to box central midfielder and a winger.

I would expect possibly a couple of players on loan and maybe not too many more signings compared to last seasons squad size. The player budget will be less than last year but hopefully the quality will be higher.

We will be relying on the majority of the squad staying fit if we are going with a reduced squad numerically.

If Mair was to get injured we would be left with no experienced CD to marshall the defence. Everyone has to remember McGregor is still learning his trade in the SPL, McAusland has not played that many games in CD for us, and i can't remember Barron ever playing in CD for us so he would be very unexperienced in this role. We need another experienced CD to guide and marshall the defence. He has to be someone who will teach guys like McGregor and McAusland through games, passing on his experience. This would be missing if Mair was injured.

You can't rely on having a squad that won't get injured or pick up suspensions. We will have to have a versatile squad with some experienced players in key positions.

Noticed this in the gossip section on BBC website.

"Scottish midfielder Kevin Kerr is keen on a crack at the SPL as he prepares to leave German side Arminia Bielefeld. (Sun)"

Knew i recognised the name and realised it was the guy who was playing in Germany. Midfielder, Still quite young and lots of potential.

Remember reading this article a while back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2009/01/14/exclusive-bundesliga-star-kevin-kerr-ready-to-snub-germany-call-up-to-play-for-scotland-86908-21039798/

Possible midfield target if we fail on Hughes.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

"Scottish midfielder Kevin Kerr is keen on a crack at the SPL as he prepares to leave German side Arminia Bielefeld. (Sun)"

Knew i recognised the name and realised it was the guy who was playing in Germany with Arminia Bielefeld. Midfielder, Still quite young and lots of potential.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2009/01/14/exclusive-bundesliga-star-kevin-kerr-ready-to-snub-germany-call-up-to-play-for-scotland-86908-21039798/

At the moment Scott Brown is an idol of mine. I'm a defensive midfielder the same as him. I am a small guy but I need to battle and play like he does.

Doesn't sound like what we're looking for IMO but definitely sounds like a good prospect.

Steve Jones (on loan to Motherwell last season) would like to stay in the SPL apparently. Getting old but would give us more width in midfield and chips in with the odd goal.

Jones is a good shout. I thought he looked dangerous whenever I saw him last season. I know he's 34 or something, but he's still quick. A one year deal wouldn't break the bank and he might just supply the ammunition for Thompson.

Knew i recognised the name and realised it was the guy who was playing in Germany with Arminia Bielefeld. Midfielder, Still quite young and lots of potential.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kerr_(footballer_born_1989)

Would love to take a chance on him. Would be really excited about having him!

What's Franco Miranda up to these days?

"After a fine season with the Buddies, his loan spell was extended by a further season in June 2008.[2] Miranda's last St. Mirren game was a 3-2 defeat against Dundee United F.C. at Tannadice in January 2009. Shortly after this game Miranda suffered a knee injury which ended his season and he then left the Buddies in July 2009 to return to Argentina, where he signed for newly promoted Chacarita Juniors. At the end of the 2009/10 season he moved on to Argentine Second Division club Independiente Rivadavia however it appears that he suffered a setback in passing a medical.[3]"

"After a fine season with the Buddies, his loan spell was extended by a further season in June 2008.[2] Miranda's last St. Mirren game was a 3-2 defeat against Dundee United F.C. at Tannadice in January 2009. Shortly after this game Miranda suffered a knee injury which ended his season and he then left the Buddies in July 2009 to return to Argentina, where he signed for newly promoted Chacarita Juniors. At the end of the 2009/10 season he moved on to Argentine Second Division club Independiente Rivadavia however it appears that he suffered a setback in passing a medical.[3]"

...and now plays for a second division team in Argentina called Tiro Federal.

He's been sorely missed.

Just wish that he had actually lamped Scott Brown at Love St that day.

Both him and Jure had something in common, they were both idolised by the fans as they knew how to attack but first and foremost as a left back they were unable to defend to any great effect.