Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

one of my mates who is working as part of the groundstaff txt me today to say that gary teale was at the ground. Don't know if its true or not as my mate usually talks a load of rubbish but i would like it of we do manage to get him but as i said i dont know if its 100% the truth or not

Sounds like baws to me.

Teale is under contract for another year, and was a regular for Wednesday last season.

He looks a bit like an older Div Barron. Does your mate have dodgy eyesight?

Edited by Drew

Wonder if Teale knows Lennon and Grady from his Ayr United days , and is condidering coming back for the same reasons as Thompson , wonder if he still has a bit of pace about him.

Seemed to remember a similar rumour a few years back. Did a search and sure enough, it seems he was spotted in 2009 to visit Brian Caldwell: http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/27160-gary-teale/page__p__682976__hl__teale__fromsearch__1#entry682976

Pasted below in case you can't be arsed registering. I haven't registered either, but if you press crtl-A then ctrl-C really quickly, you can copy the text before it disappears B)

Lennon shoots down McDonald signing rumours

Bert Mitchell

St Mirren manager Danny Lennon has distanced himself from reports linking the club with former Hamilton midfielder Gary McDonald.

The 29-year-old parted company with Accies after their relegation to the First Division last season and reports had circulated suggesting that the one-time Aberdeen midfielder was on Lennon’s radar.

The Buddies are understood to be in the market for a left-sided defender, an attacking midfielder and one more striker to add to the arrivals of Stevie Thompson and Nigel Hasselbaink up top.

But the Saints boss said: “Obviously Gary is an established midfielder in the SPL but I feel we are well covered in that area. We have let a few players go but when I bring in new players they have to be an improvement on what we already have at St Mirren Park.

“So we have to be careful in that regard but if you look at our central areas then we have Jim Goodwin, Hugh Murray, Stevie Thomson and Kenny McLean in there so we have quite a bit of competition and experience to draw upon.

“As I said our sights are set on targets elsewhere.”

St Mirren general manager Brian Caldwell has confirmed there have been no offers for any Saints players as r*ngers poured cold water on reports claiming they had expressed an interest in Darren McGregor.

The former Cowdenbeath stopper, who is under contract for another season and currently mulling over a one-year extension, was understood to have impressed Ibrox gaffer Ally McCoist last term after a hugely impressive debut campaign for Saints in the SPL.

With Gers desperate for central defensive cover with the futures of David Weir and Madjid Bougherra uncertain, speculation linking Mac with a move to the SPL champions had resurfaced.

Caldwell insists the focus is bringing in players to augment what they have – not letting any go.

He said: “We have not had contact from any club with regards to any of our players.

“Danny has been working hard over the last few weeks to try to build a squad that will improve on the performances of last season. Our focus remains on strengthening the squad over the summer.”

Pasted below in case you can't be arsed registering. I haven't registered either, but if you press crtl-A then ctrl-C really quickly, you can copy the text before it disappears B)

Lennon shoots down McDonald signing rumours

Bert Mitchell.........

Good man. Ta much.

This is good.