Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

new signing coming, no joke or bull here..might be this week or sometime next week but is a done deal and aint Carey....and aint any of the trialists, 100% hush hush at moment but a great signing...

if anyone is signing this week it will be carey.

new signing coming, no joke or bull here..might be this week or sometime next week but is a done deal and aint Carey....and aint any of the trialists, 100% hush hush at moment but a great signing...

Ok, can you say what position the signing is for?

want to put your money where your mouth is big gub? £50 to cash for kids?

Did you just read todays Paisley express which says exactly what youre saying?

ST MIRREN general manager Brian Caldwell has revealed how he hopes to add another new face to the Paisley squad by tomorrow...to make sure Buddies boss Danny Lennon isn’t able to ruin his summer holiday.

Caldwell will jet out on a family trip to Ibiza tomorrow night but fears he may have to put in some overtime while he’s sunning himself abroad.

Lennon is still in the hunt for c*ltic full-back Graham Carey, while two other British targets also remain high on his radar.

And Express Sports can reveal that Saints took two mystery trialists with them to their pre-season training camp in Portugal, with Lennon keen to make an offer to at least one of them.

Now Caldwell is hoping business can be done before he steps on his flight to the Balearics.

He told Express Sports: “I would like to have one person signed up by the time I go on holiday – otherwise I’ll end up having to work out the contract from a beach!

“I fly out to Ibiza with my wife and two sons on Friday and what will happen if we don’t get it sorted in time is that I will have to go through all the details of the contract while I’m away and then e-mail it across for Danny to get signed off.

“To be honest, I’m preparing for the worst and have already packed all the contacts and documents I might need to sign off a deal while I’m abroad.

“I might even take a lap-top with me and look out for the nearest WiFi cafe so I don’t get sand in my computer!”

Express Sports understands that St Mirren met up with two left-backs – one Dutch, the other Italian – when they arrived at their Algarve training base on Saturday.

One has played in the Dutch First Division, while the other has experienced life in Germany’s second tier.

And Lennon – who is due to arrive back in Scotland tonight with the rest of the Saints’ travelling party – is eager to add one of them to his squad.

But Caldwell fears that deal may still be a few days away from completion.

He said: “If it’s a foreign signing, which might be the case with the trialists, then it has to go through FIFA and that can take even longer.

“You have to wait for the deal to be put up on the Transfer Matching System – which includes logging a lot of documents and even their passports – before you can get international clearance.”

The 42-year-old administrator had to put up with phone calls at all hours of the day when Lennon flew out to the USA earlier this summer but insists he gets no hassle at home from his wife Noreen.

For Caldwell’s understanding other-half knows that holiday homework is all part of the job.

He added: “My wife isn’t too bad in these situations. We went through exactly the same thing two years ago when we signed Michael Higdon while I was on holiday and she didn’t make too much of a fuss about it.

“I can’t even turn my phone off while I’m away because I’ll worry that someone is trying to get in touch with me.

“Noreen knows I’ll be more relaxed if I can just get it sorted quickly while I’m out there, rather than leave it hanging until I get back.”

Edited by Dan Is The Man