Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Just read Dannys diary on the o/s and he says thats it no more signings.So god knows who is going to score goals for us because theres no one in the squad going to do it .

he may well be playing it cagey though and keeping his cards close to his chest, thats what im hoping anyway. i would be trying to shift on a player or 2 if i was lennon to free up some funds.

Just read Dannys diary on the o/s and he says thats it no more signings.So god knows who is going to score goals for us because theres no one in the squad going to do it .

He actually said that it was unlikely that there would be any other signings, which means that he is still looking.

I think he thought Kenny McLean would have been sold to allow him some money for players.

I don't think Haddad was signed as a fringe player though - I think Lennon intended for him to become a first team player, but he ended up not being very good.

Perhaps, I just reckon anyone we get now will be cheap&cheerful (& maybe not even cheap - remember Mo Camara ph34r.png ) and the odds against them making a positive impact are long.

• 2 weeks later...

Daily star says we have taken defender steven kinniburgh on trial after his release from oxford united!

Star are usually spot on. He's not played many games this season , although he has made appearances so far this season in the Conference , League2 , Johnstones Paint Trophy and the FA Cup.

Wikipedia.

Born in Glasgow, Kinniburgh began his career with r*ngers, and in December 2008 he joined Queen of the South on loan for two months.[2] He made his debut against Livingston on 20 December.[3] He joined St. Johnstone on loan in March 2009, until the end of the season.[4] In August 2009, he joined Oxford United on loan with fellow r*ngers reserve player Ross Perry.[5] He returned to r*ngers early, on 4 December, after picking up a knee injury that would rule him out until February.[6] Kinniburgh was later released by r*ngers later that season.[7] A couple of days later, Kinniburgh signed for Oxford United on a permanent basis.[8]

On Friday 5th August 2011 Kinniburgh joined Cambridge United on loan.[9] He returned to his parent club after the loan ended, but on 27 January 2012 it was announced that his contract with Oxford United would be cancelled by mutual agreement.[10

Looks like he only played for Cambridge this season. The standard in the Blue Square Premier is absolutely awful, if he wasn't good enough for that then I don't think he'll be for us.

He played for Oxford v Sheff U in the FA Cup a matter of weeks ago !