Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On loan a believe

Also in terms oh his goal scoring ratio am pretty sure he is used more as a winger than a striker

Not putting the guy down before he has even signed for us or anything, and I hope if he does sign he is of the quality we got in this season and the quality is a progression each year. I just wonder if a winger is what we need.

This season we have been a bit thin up front and in defence in my eyes, but we have maybe more midfielders on our books than we really need, I think.

If we do get rid of some of them in the summer I hope we don't then get more wingers than we need. The likes of Teale, Carey, Imrie, Hasselbaink can all play in wider areas. As many fans keep saying Imrie is not an out and out striker he plays more wide and others seem to think the same of Hasselbaink. If we can sign Hasselbaink on to another deal would we really need another wider player on the books?

If we trim the midfield down so we don't have as many of them I would like us to be looking for out and out strikers rather than wider players (I can't believe I am saying that as width has been a huge issue for us in the past).

As I said, I'm not getting at the guy before he is in a saints top, just maybe the signing tactics. Maybe this is DL looking to find someone to take Hasselbaink's place if we can't sign him to an other contract? If we will be playing next season with same size of squad I would like maybe a defender as cover and I would love an out and out striker or two. To live in an ideal world, eh?!

Why is it that some posters want to shoot the player down in flames before he's even kicked a ball for us ? unbelievable.

Why do some posters want to slaver over any d*ckhead were linked with no matter how poor their record is. Once he's kicked a ball then we'll see.

It's great that some people seem to be be pre-judging a player on the basis of his Wikipedia history and are "experts" on the level of football displayed in the lower leagues in England.

Seems that the players already at the club and the management are fairly impressed by him.

I think I know which provenance I'd be going with.

As Billy says,Higdon didn't exactly knock them in for fun down south.

Some diddy already wrote off Beattie on the basis of his record down south.He looked a fairly decent player to me on Saturday.whistling.gif

What should we judge a player on if not by their record. They' re good looks?

Beattie never signed for us therefore he is cr*p. think that means the diddy wins

Think Burchill had a good game for killie once

Edited by insaintee

Beattie never signed for us therefore he is cr*p. think that means the diddy wins

Think Burchill had a good game for killie once

Are you for real? You dont half talk some amount of shite. 1eye.gif

It seems that your the one with a tendancy to slaver, you've now managed to add further insult to a new signing by calling him a dickhead before you've ever seen the lad play.

Firstly if you read the post I never called him a dickhead. And I hardly think he is lurking on the forum and hanging on every word of the posters.

Secondly if he signs great I'll support him at the moment all I know about him is his less than sparkling wiki entry. Bullshit comments from people that have never seen him play don't count. If he proves me wrong I'll be delighted.

Edited by insaintee

You can judge them based on your homoerotic fantasies if you wish.

I prefer the testimony of players who have played with him and our management team.

Edited by FTOF

Secondly if he signs great I'll support him at the moment all I know about him is his less than sparkling wiki entry. Bullshit comments from people that have never seen him play don't count. If he proves me wrong I'll be delighted.

wiki!?!? the most unreliable site for information............... aye no bother 1eye.gif wiki is a load of shi*e!!

You can judge them based on your homoerotic fantasies if you wish.

I prefer the testimony of players who have played with him and our management team.

Yeah cos they are all your best palls right. Wondered why homoerotic fantasies came to your mind

Edited by insaintee

Lewis Guy may well turn out to be a good signing but it's a gamble and they rarely pay off for a team like us. Hegarty and Wardlaw just a couple to name. Can't see many good attributes about him, not that young, not a great goalscoring record, and has played for a lot of teams. If indeed he has signed the PCA then we'll just have to wait and see, also will it mean the exit of a current player?

Lewis Guy may well turn out to be a good signing but it's a gamble and they rarely pay off for a team like us. Hegarty and Wardlaw just a couple to name. Can't see many good attributes about him, not that young, not a great goalscoring record, and has played for a lot of teams. If indeed he has signed the PCA then we'll just have to wait and see, also will it mean the exit of a current player?

None speculation mate.

Pay attentionspudnikconfounded.gif

Couple of threads already running.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7627389/MacLean-in-the-shop-window

What about Steven MacLean who was on loan to Aberdeen not too long ago? Says he is in the shop window. Could he be a good partner for the likes of Thompson?

As it has been said before, we might not be able to afford a 15-20 goals a season striker, but could he score a few more than our current striker(s)?

Thoughts?

http://www1.skysport...the-shop-window

What about Steven MacLean who was on loan to Aberdeen not too long ago? Says he is in the shop window. Could he be a good partner for the likes of Thompson?

As it has been said before, we might not be able to afford a 15-20 goals a season striker, but could he score a few more than our current striker(s)?

Thoughts?

3 goals in a year? how is that better than what we have?

suffering f**k some of the folk on this forum must drink lighter fluid