Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

As well as my rear end, it was announced he was pretty much signed up with an SPL club next season (few minor things to tie up) an interview with Tommy Craig on Tuesday, he said we had a big named striker coming in who would provide extra firepower. However, he was not going to discuss names as he didn't want another Craig Beattie situation on his hands.

Would love to know what radio station you listen to to get all this news... lol.gif

Edited by Sunny Saint

We must have paid Dargo in the region of £300k over a 4 year period for 9 goals and very little return. I would really like to see Nigel stay as he has done more this season that Dargo did in 4. Nigel is young with plenty of potential and would like to see him stay for at least another season.

If he continues to improve then the team will flourish next season with an exciting prospect like wee Nigel. Just my opinion though.

Nigel has potential of that there is no doubt I certainly wouldn't say however that he is up there on a regular basis, his whole mid season was terrible and that's no dig that's fact.

For what its worth Junior and Quitongo both has loads of skill but sadly no real end product and like Nigel both inconsistent.

We shouldn't have to wait very long to find out who the big name scottish based striker is. I'm sure I remember reading danny wants to tie players up asap to have them at start of preseason.

I just want to know now though and want it to be someone with a bit of hight and can hold the ball up to take thommo's place when he gets tired.

We shouldn't have to wait very long to find out who the big name scottish based striker is. I'm sure I remember reading danny wants to tie players up asap to have them at start of preseason.

I just want to know now though and want it to be someone with a bit of hight and can hold the ball up to take thommo's place when he gets tired.

Can I just ask where this mention of a 'big name Scottish-based striker' has been made? That's not me being cynical, I just haven't seen a direct quote from the manager saying that. I do remember seeing something about a Scottish-based striker, but has the 'big name' thing just grown arms and legs, or has Danny actually said that? unsure.png

Edited by Sunny Saint

Can I just ask where this mention of a 'big name Scottish-based striker' has been made? That's not me being cynical, I just haven't seen a direct quote from the manager saying that. I do remember seeing something about a Scottish-based striker, but has the 'big name' thing just grown arms and legs, or has Danny actually said that? unsure.png

I maybe got the big name bit from on here. DL did say i think in the PDE that he was looking at a Scottish Based Striker. As I said though, I think we won't have to wait very long if he is wanting to get the full team for next season training together as eary as possible.

I maybe got the big name bit from on here. DL did say i think in the PDE that he was looking at a Scottish Based Striker. As I said though, I think we won't have to wait very long if he is wanting to get the full team for next season training together as eary as possible.

Yeah, think you're right. It doesn't look like we're going to be the ones burning the midnight oil on transfer deadline day desperately seeking a player. The good thing is that we're already well covered in most positions, it's just a case of strengthening what's there, which we are actively doing.

I think the 'big name' thing seems to have been a case of Chinese whispers. I don't think Lennon would ever say he was looking at a 'big name' anyway. It could be someone fairly low-key or a youngster, but it's anyone's guess I suppose.

We must have paid Dargo in the region of £300k over a 4 year period for 9 goals and very little return. I would really like to see Nigel stay as he has done more this season that Dargo did in 4. Nigel is young with plenty of potential and would like to see him stay for at least another season.

If he continues to improve then the team will flourish next season with an exciting prospect like wee Nigel. Just my opinion though.

I disagree with this assertion that Nigel has done more this season than Dargo did in 4.

The invaluable experience gleaned by our phsyiotherapy dept (assuming we have one) by treating Mr Dargo on an almost dailly basis will mean that our physiotherapist will now be a highly skilled and experienced individual indeed.

To join the "speculation" I would not be at all surprised if we were one of the financial giants circling the Murray park area before it is sold for housing.

What would people's opinions be of Gregory Tade? Yick Choung just made a comment on Open All Mics that he thought he might move on from Inverness and it was said in that suggestive 'I know something' kind of way.

I may be putting two and two together but given he has had insider knowledge of Saints on various occasions, I just wonder if there might be something in that.

What would people's opinions be of Gregory Tade? Yick Choung just made a comment on Open All Mics that he thought he might move on from Inverness and it was said in that suggestive 'I know something' kind of way.

I may be putting two and two together but given he has had insider knowledge of Saints on various occasions, I just wonder if there might be something in that.

That was who I was thinking of when DL mentioned an SPL striker coming out of contract. DL was interested in signing Tade when he was at Raith. One of the commentators mentioned that he has an option on another year at Caley though - dunno if that might work the other way too.

No thanks.

Hope not.