Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Got to love you're never ending pessimism. 1eye.gif

There is no pessimism in the post you quoted.

Any facts about being the lowest scoring team in the whole wide world, further away from top 6 than Montrose, etc? lol.gif

Are there any other teams you want to see bypass the rules and gain promotion to the SPL? lol.gif

Here's some facts for you.

Gus Macpherson took us to our highest finish in 20 years twice in 3 years as well as our first League Cup Final in 55 years, first Scottish Cup Semi Final in 23 years, biggest league win over Celtic in 104 years and twice got us closer to the top 6 than Danny Lennon.

And you wanted him sacked.

Danny Lennon has us finishing further away from the top 6 than Gus Macpherson managed and you fawn all over him.

Will that do? lol.gif:1eye

Are there any other teams you want to see bypass the rules and gain promotion to the SPL? lol.gif

Gus Macpherson took us to our highest finish in 20 years twice in 3 years as well as our first League Cup Final in 55 years, first Scottish Cup Semi Final in 23 years, biggest league win over Celtic in 104 years and twice got us closer to the top 6 than Danny Lennon.

Danny Lennon has us finishing further away from the top 6 than Gus Macpherson managed and you fawn all over him.

Will that do? lol.gif1eye.gif

That's ma boy, welcome back. thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

They'll be playing European football next season, they'll will offer bigger wages, are likely to finish above us in the table and they'll probably get further in the cups.

Why on earth would he choose us over St Johnstone?

They'll play at best a couple of games in Europe against clubs that nobody's heard of ! Money spinner ? Doubt it ! It'll probably cost them money !

Their wage bill is comparable with ours !

On what basis will they do better in the cups ? we put them out a cup last season ffs !laugh.png

If what Div wrote in 10,000 hours thread is true then we will see no new players till after the newco vote or should I say when SKY TV make an offical statment

I would be ok with that , we have a good squad already , I would say as long as we dont lose anymore then we will be fine.

3 or 4 more players would be preferable , but like other teams we will look to our youth if required.

I would be ok with that , we have a good squad already , I would say as long as we dont lose anymore then we will be fine.

3 or 4 more players would be preferable , but like other teams we will look to our youth if required.

We definitely need a keeper, and I think if we are to avoid a relegation battle a proper left back.

Were we no looking at a keeper from the juniors who was getting rave reviews?

Will that do? lol.gif1eye.gif

Gary Blue returns. McPherson is history, get real and move on. Btw, football under Gus was rank for years. If he was that good then he would still be manager.

They'll play at best a couple of games in Europe against clubs that nobody's heard of ! Money spinner ? Doubt it ! It'll probably cost them money !

Their wage bill is comparable with ours !

On what basis will they do better in the cups ? we put them out a cup last season ffs !laugh.png

Turkish team , costly journey , unheard of team ! No thanks ! Is this what Nigel's signing up for ? We'll have a bigger crowd v Morton !

Turkish team , costly journey , unheard of team ! No thanks ! Is this what Nigel's signing up for ? We'll have a bigger crowd v Morton !

Yep, this will definitely cost them money and they will go out to them as well.

Getting into Europe at the diddy levels is a total waste of time for Scottish clubs. The boy on P&B that is QOtS's accountant said that when his mob made Europe a few years back they lost a fair bit of money.

The days when you could land a decent draw seem to have long gone with all the seeding and the shitty little ex commie bloc states that crop up like gremlins after a water spillage.

Gary Blue returns. McPherson is history, get real and move on.

My only interest in Macpherson is to expose the hypocracy and stupidity of the likes of you. :lol:

Btw, football under Gus was rank for years.

But far better than it was before he was manager.

If he was that good then he would still be manager.

And if he was that bad then surely Danny Lennon wouldn't ended up with us finishing further away from a top 6 spot.

Gus Macpherson - still getting you angry and showing you up to be a fool! :lol:

My only interest in Macpherson is to expose the hypocracy and stupidity of the likes of you. laugh.png

And if he was that bad then surely Danny Lennon wouldn't ended up with us finishing further away from a top 6 spot.

Gus Macpherson - still getting you angry and showing you up to be a fool! laugh.png

Where is all the speculation in this shit.

My only interest in Macpherson is to expose the hypocracy and stupidity of the likes of you. laugh.png

Gus Macpherson - still getting you angry and showing you up to be a fool! laugh.png

OK, I will bite. Yes, definately Gary Blue under a new name. Why can't you reply like an intelligent person rather than resorting to accusatory remarks. What part of my post clearly specifies that I am 'hypocratic and stupid'? If someone disagrees with you does that make them hypocratic and stupid? I simply feel that Gus is history and if you really want to judge him then defend his position of taking QOS to relegation? I have never been a critic of Gus but felt, like the board, that the time was right for change - how does that imply that I angry?. Time will judge Danny Lennon as to whether he is a better or more successful manager. What is beyond doubt is that the football under him is on the whole much better than Gus's last 2-3 seasons.

Now, what part of my post implies that I am 'angry'? I, like many other fans on this forum, now find the whole Gus debate tedious. Time to move on and accept that he is not coming back. I have watched the club since 1967-68 so am able and intelligent enough to make my own judgements on managers and the club in general. At this time our manager is Danny Lennon and first and foremost you support the club no matter who is in the hot seat. He will eventually leave and we will have some bemoaning the new manager and saying how good a job Danny had done. It happens all the time.

I speculate that due to financial constraints, we are unlikely to see many more players join the club this close season.

We definitely require a stand-in 'keeper, but, aside from that, it wouldn't surprise me if we see no more than one additional player join us (if that).

I'm comfortable with that in the circumstances.

Edited by Drew

I speculate that due to financial constraints, we are unlikely to see many more players join the club this close season.

We definitely require a stand-in 'keeper, but, aside from that, it wouldn't surprise me if we see no more than one additional player join us (if that).

I'm comfortable with that in the circumstances.

Agreed,

Its obviously all dependent on the sky response to the Sevco situation, but i would be delgihted if there were no more signings if it meant our club had done the right thing and voted no to Rangers

FWIW, i also agree a young, back up keeper will be signed regardless

Edited by foxbar_bud

I still think we need a natural left-back. I've promoted Carey's strengths in that position but don't get me wrong, we still need someone who has played in that position most of, if not all, of their career. A Barron/Carey combination to fill that gap all season doesn't fill me with huge confidence.