Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Ok hearing some news which if true is quite exciting. Mallan is obviously one we've all heard before but we're also looking at an ex saints defender who currently in the SPFL (or whatever it calls its self) and can play right across the back four.  Apparently the big news is an a striker, my source is tight lipped on this but I guess there's more to the Watt rumour than I thought. Not sure how I feel about that.

Source has been reliable in the past. tipped my off about the Stokes to Hibs rumour.

28 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Ok hearing some news which if true is quite exciting. Mallan is obviously one we've all heard before but we're also looking at an ex saints defender who currently in the SPFL (or whatever it calls its self) and can play right across the back four.  Apparently the big news is an a striker, my source is tight lipped on this but I guess there's more to the Watt rumour than I thought. Not sure how I feel about that.

Source has been reliable in the past. tipped my off about the Stokes to Hibs rumour.

Broadfoot. :o

26 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

My point was not so much his nationality, more the foreign players adapting to Scottish football / style of play / conditions etc incase it came across wrong.

Aye, it's a reasonable question. There's also the risk of disruption,  even if a player is playing well himself. Best example is usually Tino Asprilla being added to a great Newcastle team, which promptly did a Morton and chucked a huge lead.

4 hours ago, insaintee said:

we're also looking at an ex saints defender who currently in the SPFL (or whatever it calls its self) and can play right across the back four.

But  do we think Stevie Clarke can still offer something to the team?