Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Singapore Saint said:

Incredible if true - Johnston is a much better player that Arzani at this point. Arzani is also left sided so wonder what that means for Lewis...

Based on what?

Arzani has just played at the World Cup and, from what I watched, made a big impact on games played.

At the same time, Johnston played in Toulon.

2 hours ago, Maboza said:

I thought there was something to do with free agents that meant they had to be released before the window closed in order for clubs to be able to sign them post-window. Not sure if that is the window of the releasing club, or the signing club. :unsure:

You could be right, I just know that if a player isn't under contract he can sign whenever he wants. That kinda stipulation would make sense though. 

1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

Back in Celtic training this week.

That makes me dread the prospect of Rodgers giving Morgan his league debut against us in a few weeks time. 

Familiar surroundings, chance to sparkle against his old club, what should be a routine victory, etc. 

Eeeeeek! :(

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I see that Dundee have signed a 20 year old striker on loan from a Finnish club.

It would seem that there is a dearth of a decent, affordable strikers available to teams at our level.

It would seem Dundee are in a panic!

13 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Souleymane Coulibaly worth a look?

Currently training with Partick Thistle but would still be a good player at this level IMO - main issue is that he’s not played a competitive match for about a year.. 

Unless he can pay a massive fine or convince another club to, his career is effectively on hold until his Al Ahly contract expires which isn't until 2020.

A shame as he's definitely talented but he made a massive f**k up by taking the hump 6 months into a 3.5 year deal after the team ponied up a million quid for him. Hand in a transfer request like anyone else would. Don't just breach contract.

Edited by djchapsticks