jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

I reckon both Edwards and Macpherson were playing out of position on Saturday, due to Stubbs not signing many wide players.

Id reckon Hammill will replace one of them out wide.

Would be interested in seeing Edwards play through the middle before deciding on whether he's any good or not. I think he was OK against both Celtic and Hibs tbh.

5 minutes ago, archie gemmo said:

I wonder if any of the ITK guys could tell me, who has identified, negotiated, made the final call on the like of Hammill and Jackson? Is it Oran, Gus or Tony?

They come to attention via their agents who hawk them around every league they have a realistic chance in playing in... in a descending order. Suffice to say, given the time they were without a club SMFC wasnt any of their first, second, third, fourth, fifth... etc.. etc... choice!

but hey! When we try to pick up guys with their pedigree when the window is open we appear to be just 'fluffers' for someone else to jizz all over our offer, and come along with the money shot. 

If they show early promise, get them signed on a contract that at least we can make some cash on if bigger clubs become interested.

11 minutes ago, archie gemmo said:

I wonder if any of the ITK guys could tell me, who has identified, negotiated, made the final call on the like of Hammill and Jackson? Is it Oran, Gus or Tony?

Sorry, keeping that one to myself.   :rolleyes: :whistle

52 minutes ago, archie gemmo said:

Identified.... by anyone who can click a mouse! Seriously though agents bombard any club in difficulty they think could pay their client a wage. None of these players were in Oran, or Gus circles previously. Tony F though probably had first contact, probably then having a discussion with Oran to see which were worth bringing in for a look.

Negotiated... by the legend that is Tony F

Final Call... its obvious that each player has had to prove themselves on the training field. So defo Oran.

52 minutes ago, archie gemmo said:

Good question. 

I guess now Oran agrees the positions he is looking to strengthen and provides a pen portrait of the type of player. 

I guess then, that Gus will review those available or who might become available and then discusses these with Oran.

I guess then,  that Tony  will deal with contractual issues. 

My final thought is that Oran will want to meet or see the player before finally agreeing. 

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

Oran already stated in an interview that he is friendly with some agents , and he was in contact with them within hours of getting the job , that's why we got Ferdinand in so quickly. No doubt , imo , that it's his shout !

Short term you are 100 per cent right IMO but moving forward will see Oran brief Gus who will create a short list and Tony will do Contracts when Oran is happy with the player. Again, IMO

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Good question. 

I guess now Oran agrees the positions he is looking to strengthen and provides a pen portrait of the type of player. 

I guess then, that Gus will review those available or who might become available and then discusses these with Oran.

My final thought is that Oran will want to meet or see the player before finally agreeing. 

Think your just guessing. :wink:

Just now, pod said:

Of course I am just guessing.  We all are but this scenario would provide a structure going forward. Unless you know better.  in which case,  please share. 

That will only come out once we see them perform.

If they are shite - Gus
If they are worth £5m or above and can play for AC Milan - Tony
If they are OK - OK.

4 hours ago, pod said:

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Good question. 

Of course contracts are legal agreements - so "lawyers" do that bit... TBH I wouldn't leave TF to do that.. can you imagine the stuff he might insert about when we win the league..:lol: