Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Heaton can go out on loan to get experiece , same goes for King and Kepwena , but not going to be part of our plans this season

I think you have a point here.  

Anton Ferdinand and Gus MacPherson highlight the need for experience to come in during January. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46309996

We will attempt to retain Adam Hammill.  The players who have featured in the past 4 games are, IMO,  likely to remain. 

One or two with injuries will remain.  The rest is up for grabs.  A lot of wheeling and dealing to do. 

I’d expect Lyness to go given he nearly went to Airdrie recently anyway.

King, Kpekawa, Heaton and Kirkpatrick will all surely be away. Would have had Cooke and Jones down as certainties too but both have pushed their way back into plans admirably.

Smith and McShane also strong possibilities I reckon (and I suspect their reactions to being subbed recently indicate that).

Can’t see Edwards or Hodson going anywhere, both are selected reguarly.

Willock is a tricky one, he keeps the ball really well. Only really him, Magennis or Hammill have the ability to drive us forward with the ball, having said that he goes missing frequently through games and i’m not sure OK fancies him too much.

Other than that perhaps Adam Hammill rejecting the chance to stay on? Certainly going to be an interesting window...

Edited by W6Saint

7 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Heaton can go out on loan to get experiece , same goes for King and Kepwena , but not going to be part of our plans this season

No, King and Kpekewa just need to go. No point wasting our time with them any further. 

Also, it would very underhand to actually saddle some other poor bastards with them! Best to cut our losses.

27 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

So how much do people think it's going to cost us to get rid of all these players, some who still have a year or 2 left on their contracts? They're not gonna walk for nawt!

Our best bet may be to loan out a number of them. Next best bet is that a few want a regular game in a lower league. Both depend on other clubs wanting them.  Neither of these options are free.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Our best bet may be to loan out a number of them. Next best bet is that a few want a regular game in a lower league. Both depend on other clubs wanting them.  Neither of these options are free.

True, so basically IF we bring players in we'll be increasing our wage bill as nobody will want to take some of the dross we have off our hands at their cost!

6 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Would like to hope that we have some things already arranged and are just waiting on the window opening and not scrambling about on deadline day

I would hope so. As myself and others have said.  Put a few of those considered to have potential out on loan.  Move a few on who want game time (some might need a pay off). 

Bring in a few experienced players looking for game time and a permanent move in the summer.  Mistakes in any business cost money to correct. 

It's now less than 3 weeks to the Transfer window opens :D

No doubt lots of phone calls, paperwork and hopeful plans in place - both directions.

Speculation is growing of some very positive additions which are being worked on, but getting kept under wraps for obvious reasons . . . 

It should be no surprise in football  that if you want 4 players in you have to have at least 12 lined up . . .  so here is hoping 1st choices buy in, sign and succeed.

HOPE for surviving this season and EXCITMENT for next once we get a full plan in place for the Summer...

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It should be no surprise in football  that if you want 4 players in you have to have at least 12 lined up . . .  so here is hoping 1st choices buy in, sign and succeed.

Actually it would be quite interesting to be a fly on the wall regarding this.

Would love to know who Stubbs had as his first choice signings in the summer for example.

Same with Tommy Craig.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Actually it would be quite interesting to be a fly on the wall regarding this.

Would love to know who Stubbs had as his first choice signings in the summer for example.

Same with Tommy Craig.

Not much of a secret that Stubbs’ Plan A was Anthony Stokes, Plan B was Adam Rooney, and Plan C was... well, unfortunately we found that one out.

Always wondered who was on Tommy Craig’s infamous list that he waved around at that Q&A however...

6 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Not much of a secret that Stubbs’ Plan A was Anthony Stokes, Plan B was Adam Rooney, and Plan C was... well, unfortunately we found that one out.

Always wondered who was on Tommy Craig’s infamous list that he waved around at that Q&A however...

Plan C was Kenny Miller.

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Having seen him in the flesh for Coleraine and seen what we have, I presume if there’s truth to this Oran must think he’s an improvement on what we have.