Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Inclined to agree with that. I'm hoping he's been holding out to see what business we do - and that he is impressed with what he sees.

Just this . He does not want relegation on his cv.   (QPR did but he was out on loan)

I don't think money is the most crucial for Ferdinand at this time in his career. It doesn't appear that he has better offers down south, which would be nearer his family, so what might appeal to him is having Sunday and Monday with his family and being up here Tue - Sat.

I think he is here to train, keep fit and sign - 2 others today as well - happy days

Edited by Sweeper07
Added in QPR did but he was out on loan

I think Polworth is a strong tackling central midfielder with a good shot on him. I thought Tansey was a central midfielder who played in front of the back four alongside Draper. 

I'm expecting McGinn and Tansey to be a solid central midfield that would provide a bit of protection for the back four, and create opportunities for the four attacking players to get into forward positions. Polwarth, could either provide cover for these players, or be one of the attacking four players.

Will have a clearer idea when the transfer window closes. But very happy with our recruitment so far. 

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think Polworth can play in most midfield roles - he does like to shoot but he can tackle well and sit deep and spray passes quickly. I have seen him play out left too.

Anyway - I was only trying to seek further clarification after djchapsticks suggested that we needed a proper defensive midfielder and whether he was alluding to Polworth who has been tooted to us a few times by our fans.

toot toot tootsie :)

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Question TIME

Will we sign more than 1 winger? If Morgan is available as the second winger, then yes I'd say so. If he's not coming to us then I'd say probably not. He'd definitely be a massive luxury that we couldn't pass up rather than us pinning all our hopes on signing him and no-one else. 

The European guy will hopefully be 1 today or tomorrow. Quite possibly.... both Slovakians are definitely still over here and haven't headed home so this seems like a sign that we are in negotiation to sign both. 

Will Lyons be used wide or off the striker (s) or in the middle of the park? He's a number 10 so in an advance midfield role I'd imagine. 

Does anyone know what his abilities/strengths permit? Dunno, I've seen him scoring a couple of crackers for Blackburn U23 side. He's also been showing up very well in training and the bounce match. Hearing he like to pull the strings in that area of the park. 

Do you really think Morgan is coming back? I'd say there's a slim chance of it... That we are even worth the mentioning can only be good.

All opinion of course. :)

Edited by djchapsticks

57 minutes ago, pod said:

On 9 August 2013, Ferdinand was released by Queens Park Rangers in an effort to cut costs having been relegated to the Championship.

He spent the second half of that season playing in Turkey, I guess that would allow him to say he hasn't been relegated as he wasn't actually playing for QPR at the point of relegation....ambiguous right enough!!

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Just this . He does not want relegation on his cv.   (QPR did but he was out on loan)

I don't think money is the most crucial for Ferdinand at this time in his career. It doesn't appear that he has better offers down south, which would be nearer his family, so what might appeal to him is having Sunday and Monday with his family and being up here Tue - Sat.

I think he is here to train, keep fit and sign - 2 others today as well - happy days

My understanding is that he likes the club but being away from his family is difficult. Hopefully the club can put some deal to him along the lines of what you've said to keep him, i.e. paying for flights to allow him to see his family, or helping them to come up during school holidays. At least OK will have empathy with him, being in the same situation. Hopefully he confirms he is staying soon.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I don't think AF would be worrying about his football CV at this late stage of his career.

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I don't think AF would be worrying about his football CV at this late stage of his career.

I read somewhere that he has said as much - i.e. that "He did not want relegation on his cv."

I guess a man who is a winner in many respects can sometimes take this kind of stand.

He may go into management some day, and that is the kind of reputation he would probably let the dressing room know - winners don't get relegated - or something like this.

Of course there will be others who are big winners who had relegation at clubs or who may have been let go previously etc etc.

32 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Of course there will be others who are big winners who had relegation at clubs or who may have been let go previously etc etc.

Very much so. Some managers have made promising starts to their careers despite once having been part of a side that lost a cup final against nine men.

15 minutes ago, Hambud said:

When can we start guessing this Slovak wingers name? I reckon I've got it but don't want to be the guilty party who let the cat out the bag.

Though if I do have it right it's really the fault of the ITK folk who have given me enough info to think I can guess at it.

Just keep it to yerself until he signs on the dotted line :)