Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Can I just check, you know November wasn't that long ago, right? And that if he was still playing regularly for Blackpool, we'd have no chance of signing him?

Two and a half months, out... think he'll be match fit?

and there is the point you make that if he was any good we wouldnt be looking at him. What happened to this MoneyBall recruitment strategy? Stubbs signed enough guys who weren't playing to,last a lifetime.

Lyons on the back of not playing f**ked up on Saturday, Tansey was blowing out his ass after 15 mins.... we need players good to go, we dont have the luxury of giving them four weeks or so to get up to speed.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Two and a half months, out... think he'll be match fit?

and there is the point you make that if he was any good we wouldnt be looking at him. What happened to this MoneyBall recruitment strategy? Stubbs signed enough guys who weren't playing to,last a lifetime.

Lyons on the back of not playing f**ked up on Saturday, Tansey was blowing out his ass after 15 mins.... we need players good to go, we dont have the luxury of giving them four weeks or so to get up to speed.

I love the FACT that you are now onboard with the mess that Stubzo made - DESPITE defending him all the way, saying he did not get a fair chance etc. etc. etc.  :thumbsdown

So who should we sign? - given that you have asserted so often that "the BOD have Fu*ked up and spent all the money"?

And I told you previously Tansey played for 55 minutes in a team with 1 man short - so if he was struggling as you suggest, why was he not subbed earlier? :oops

"need players good to go" - you are not a Saints fan - we need good players to come and to stay

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I love the FACT that you are now onboard with the mess that Stubzo made - DESPITE defending him all the way, saying he did not get a fair chance etc. etc. etc.  :thumbsdown

So who should we sign? - given that you have asserted so often that "the BOD have Fu*ked up and spent all the money"?

And I told you previously Tansey played for 55 minutes in a team with 1 man short - so if he was struggling as you suggest, why was he not subbed earlier? :oops

"need players good to go" - you are not a Saints fan - we need good players to come and to stay

I realise now you may be a multi coloured ink person. I bid you good day, and will refrain from interacting with you on the grounds of good form, and common decency.

I realise now you may be a multi coloured ink person. I bid you good day, and will refrain from interacting with you on the grounds of good form, and common decency.

and the FACT that you get showed up for your UTTER NONESENCE EVERY SINGLE TIME  . . . BYE  :cheers

Yeah two months so far, hey my bad. What a colossal mistake. Hopefully his next game will be for some other poor f**kers. Which could be more than two and half months when it comes round!

I was just pointing out that you rounded up a month and a half to two and a half months. I'd suggest that an uninjured player whose been out for six or seven weeks will regain full fitness faster than one who's been out for the ten or 11 weeks you were suggesting.

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah two months so far, hey my bad. What a colossal mistake. Hopefully his next game will be for some other poor f**kers. Which could be more than two and half months when it comes round!

ARITHMETIC LESSON

2 1/2 months  =  10 or 11 weeks (Some months have 5 Saturdays to play football on)

From the 27th Nov until 22nd Jan  = 7 weeks

So you are only 3 or 4 weeks out on a time scale of 7 weeks

Don't try and be accurate with any of your claims - it generate much joy at your stupidity    :withstupid

Edited by Sweeper07
spelling error

45 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Depends what Kearney wants. Considering we were apparently interested in Ralston, I reckon Hodson must be on decent wedge and Kearney is looking to cut the wage bill in that respect. Either that or he is considering this guy as a left back.

He wouldn't be replacing Hodson - he hasn't been playing at RB that has been McGinn

I think Saturday showed we need someone to play as a defensive midfielder if we're going to start Lyons, McGinn and Tansey as our 3 midfielders in the centre of the park.

Second half, Hodson went into midfield and we looked better, definitely letting them in behind our midfield less.

If Hodson goes, I'd hope McLaughlin would go to left back and Ethan into that defensive midfield role.

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I was just pointing out that you rounded up a month and a half to two and a half months. I'd suggest that an uninjured player whose been out for six or seven weeks will regain full fitness faster than one who's been out for the ten or 11 weeks you were suggesting.

Potatoes/Potato....

it is two months since he got 55 mins, and before that he hadn't been a regular for a couple of months. I have no idea what you are on about re an injured player?

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Potatoes/Potato....

it is two months since he got 55 mins, and before that he hadn't been a regular for a couple of months. I have no idea what you are on about re an injured player?

But that’s always going to be our problem in January. We aren’t in a position to sign the better players from better teams - they are playing and will command a fee.

We are left with signing players from bigger clubs that aren’t getting a game, or players lower down the ladder who may be able to step up.

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

But that’s always going to be our problem in January. We aren’t in a position to sign the better players from better teams - they are playing and will command a fee.

We are left with signing players from bigger clubs that aren’t getting a game, or players lower down the ladder who may be able to step up.

Well yes, but we were promised that all signings now are done so in alignment with the MoneyBall approach to avoid signing duds. But clearly guys who arent playing for their clubs for months on end surely dont fit with that approach?

ffs Kpwenka was supposedly worth £400k!

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

ARITHMATIC LESSON

2 1/2 months  =  10 or 11 weeks (Some months have 5 Saturdays to play football on)

From the 27th Nov until 22nd Jan  = 7 weeks

So you are only 3 or 4 weeks out on a time scale of 7 we

Don't try and be accurate with any of your claims - it generate much joy at your stupidity    :withstupid

Spoiler

I agree with the point you are making, but if you’re going to be pompous and correct someBuddie, ensure you are not making a mistake yourself.

that’s usually where I scerw up....

ARITHMETIC LESSON

spelling lesson

4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Where did I mention an injured player?

Here.

"I'd suggest that an uninjured player whose been out for six or seven weeks will regain full fitness faster than one who's been out for the ten or 11 weeks you were suggesting."

I wasn't aware I was suggesting signing any injured player?

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with the point you are making, but if you’re going to be pompous and correct someBuddie, ensure you are not making a mistake yourself.

that’s usually where I scerw up....

ARITHMETIC LESSON

spelling lesson

Cheers - I knew it was wrong after I hit the save key and swithered about editing it - wish I had now  . . .

I was not worried LPM would have spotted it - he cannot READ . . 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Here.

"I'd suggest that an uninjured player whose been out for six or seven weeks will regain full fitness faster than one who's been out for the ten or 11 weeks you were suggesting."

Read it again. Carefully.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well yes, but we were promised that all signings now are done so in alignment with the MoneyBall approach to avoid signing duds. But clearly guys who arent playing for their clubs for months on end surely dont fit with that approach?

ffs Kpwenka was supposedly worth £400k!

Think we can discount any comparisons to the players Stubbs signed. Also, if it’s a comparison to Moneyball...the A’s signed players ruled out by other teams. They were the ultimate scrapheap team! 

No idea on the boy that’s on trial. Might be worth it, might not. They could have scouted him ahead of his injury or watched him in reserve games. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Where did I mention an injured player?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Here.

Magic Monkey simply stated that an uninjured player who has been out for a shorter time will be able to return to full fitness more quickly. LPM, of course, is buried so deeply in his anti opinions that he has no hope of digging himself out of the holes that he keeps digging.

2 minutes ago, smcc said:

Magic Monkey simply stated that an uninjured player who has been out for a shorter time will be able to return to full fitness more quickly. LPM, of course, is buried so deeply in his anti opinions that he has no hope of digging himself out of the holes that he keeps digging.

It really is incredible :lol:

2 minutes ago, smcc said:

Thats helpful, someone else weighing in on the mythical injured player we are signing, or not?