Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I am not ITK on this, but suspecting that Oran wants Hodson and MacKenzie to re-sign for us. Hodson played really well with us playing 3 CB's. Our defence was pretty fabulous for the last few months of the season most of the time. I know Hodson was injured for much of that time, but he actually helped improve us despite us already being pretty good.
Big Gary likewise. The issue with him is what are the chances of him being fit far more than he has manage for the last few seasons? Maybe a 6 month deal with a 5 month option depending on fitness might be the way to go... I would not like to see a fit Gary MacK playing against us.
If not Popescu (no doubt deal being chatted through - decision to be made soon) and Baird were good too... and what will happen to Muzek?
I'd like to see us make an offer to GMac for next season.
Offer to Hodson too.
And Muzrk.

Break the bank for Popescu !!

14 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Not overly fussed about Muzek, hard to say what his best position is. Positionally struggles at left back and has been caught out a couple of times and don’t think he excelled to much in the back three.

On the contrary.

He's been a very solid turn for me. Every bit as good as guys like Travner, Tesselaar and better than Franco Miranda.

3 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Not overly fussed about Muzek, hard to say what his best position is. Positionally struggles at left back and has been caught out a couple of times and don’t think he excelled to much in the back three.

I’m with you. Not the best positionally and has been caught a few times. A bit of the Stelios about him...

Happy if he stays but not disappointed if he goes.

11 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I’m with you. Not the best positionally and has been caught a few times. A bit of the Stelios about him...

Happy if he stays but not disappointed if he goes.

He is head and shoulders above Stelios. Made 2 bad errors in his 14 appearances. Otherwise was very solid and reliable - head and shoulders above Erhahon (Who I like, but overall was not good enough for us last season at LB) Muzek is physically strong and if I were to pick fault it would be with what he offers to our attack. He is steady, but not creative enough and did not add much by way of goals - I only recall him having one shot..

It seems obvious the early business is re-signing those we want to keep, then targeting others once we know how many etc. However, both these things can overlap to some extent..  Hope for a number of confirmed signings within the next 3 weeks...

Would definitely keep Muzek. Thought he was a solid addition to the squad and showed some versatility playing centre back, left back and wing back on occasion. Besides doing a good job he had a great winning attitude.

Mateo was tidy, nothing spectacular but done a job (not that you'd necessarily want that in a defender given my blood pressure when Stel played reguarly!).

Would have him back happily. 

And if he's not coming back let's not shunt Erhahon there again for 3/4 of a season.

Edited by W6Saint

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

He is head and shoulders above Stelios. Made 2 bad errors in his 14 appearances. Otherwise was very solid and reliable - head and shoulders above Erhahon (Who I like, but overall was not good enough for us last season at LB) Muzek is physically strong and if I were to pick fault it would be with what he offers to our attack. He is steady, but not creative enough and did not add much by way of goals - I only recall him having one shot..

It seems obvious the early business is re-signing those we want to keep, then targeting others once we know how many etc. However, both these things can overlap to some extent..  Hope for a number of confirmed signings within the next 3 weeks...

McMullan was ripping him apart on Sunday.

a good squad player, but I wouldn’t have him as first choice LB.

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

McMullan was ripping him apart on Sunday.

a good squad player, but I wouldn’t have him as first choice LB.

McMullan skinned him twice immediately after he came on.

After that McMullan was invisible.

3 hours ago, Transfer news said:

Corbu reportedly coming back permanently 

Not sure if this is true  - but if it is, it speaks volumes about the 4 Europeans we signed - fantastic work by all those involved - and even if it is 3 out of 4, it is still fabulous...

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

How can a local 'newspaper' be so f**king stupid? 

IMG_0297.jpg.026e18570e0ddd97cccbf9f05b404491.thumb.jpg.7e3f9888cbbca6a4168d5258835ba679.jpg

For a striker he was not half bad at LB or at the left CB in a three...

Journalists or ????  IS this another of Tom English's posts by any chance

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

For a striker he was not half bad at LB or at the left CB in a three...

Journalists or ????  IS this another of Tom English's posts by any chance

The PDE has never been the same since the Trinity group took it over.

Just now, munoz said:

The PDE has never been the same since the Trinity group took it over.

It is the same when English (usually) journalists speak about Scottish teams and players - they often get this sort of thing wrong...

professional ha..