Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Express usually quite reliable with Saints stories.

I'm still a wee bit ambivalent about Harkins - undoubtedly a talented player, but very inconsistent, and a bit erratic in his temperament it would seem.

Ach well, we'll see.

I think he'll be a great signing if he comes to us. He's very skilful with good technique (for the SPL) and would seem a decent replacement (although obviously not as good as the wee fella) in the Gowser role.

However, he's sure to be another one who divides the support as he doesn't run about a lot & get stuck into tackles. As long as we have players around him with energy & aggression to do the running & tackling, I think he'd fit in nicely.

If Harkins signs, I hope it works out well for all parties. I certainly won't be berating the player before he kicks a ball, but I am not hugely excited by the prospect either.

What is term that is used....?

Meh.

What is his preferred position, incidentally?

If Harkins signs, I hope it works out well for all parties. I certainly won't be berating the player before he kicks a ball, but I am not hugely excited by the prospect either.

What is term that is used....?

Meh.

What is his preferred position, incidentally?

I'm in the same boat, meh. Won't berate him if he signs, but would prefer if we got someone else instead.

I assume his preferred position is just off the striker, freedom to go where he wants and not have to track back.

I hope we go in another direction here, really do.

I met him not so long ago and while having a chat he clocked my Saints screensaver on my phone and said

"Aw St.Mirren fan aye? They're f**king gash"

and he walked away. I won't welcome this scumbag to my club.

To be fair to him,if he was basing his opinion on the last couple of times we played Dundee,then he wasn't wrong.

Hardly a scumbag,most likely enjoying winding you up.

Edited by FTOF

Express usually quite reliable with Saints stories.

I'm still a wee bit ambivalent about Harkins - undoubtedly a talented player, but very inconsistent, and a bit erratic in his temperament it would seem.

Ach well, we'll see.

1 good match winning performance in 3 is all we need from him!

Bring him in and replace isma with another quality youngster on loan and along with Thompson we would have a nice spark for a top 6 finish and not feel the loss of gowser too much. (though we will always miss him till he comes back to finish his career)

I still dont understand Hearts and if I was a supporter who had put money into the club to save them I'd be a bit pissed off. How can they go from days away from administration and needing all sorts of money to signing guys like wilson on a 3 year deal and trying to go for people like Goodwillie.

I still dont understand Hearts and if I was a supporter who had put money into the club to save them I'd be a bit pissed off. How can they go from days away from administration and needing all sorts of money to signing guys like wilson on a 3 year deal and trying to go for people like Goodwillie.

That is something I cannot understand also. They are rooked financially yet are supposedly chasing all sorts of players. Why would Wilson commit to a club that is going to the wall? I know they have to replace certain players who are leaving but it will be interesting to see the sort of wages they are paying or whether they can afford to do this.