Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

That is something I cannot understand also.  They are rooked financially yet are supposedly chasing all sorts of players.  Why would Wilson commit to a club that is going to the wall?  I know they have to replace certain players who are leaving but it will be interesting to see the sort of wages they are paying or whether they can afford to do this. 

it doesn't really matter to these players, they are on the highest wages in Scotland, outside the OF so paid well. The day they don't get paid they can leave, the day Hearts go bust they can leave but until either of those days happen they are getting a good wage. Not many, if any, will leave Hearts and go straight to the scrapheap.

Simonsen looked like a very good and assured keeper when we played Dundee, but you would have to think his wage demands might be a bit of a stumbling block.

If we could afford him then I think he would be a damn good signing.

We could always go for Rab Douglas, cheap and loads of experience at club and international level. :whistle

Are you a reformed character, Stu, recommending players to St.Mirren? Hope your not giving us duff info.

Rick - it's not new. There's a wee lad I recommended to St Mirren through the official website 6 years ago who today scored a double as part of the Motherwell side that sunk St Mirren under 15's 6-3 at Ralston. Another lad that I recommended to St Mirren got a trial with the club just over two years ago. Apparently he wasn't better than anything the club had at the time - which is fine - but this week I'm told he's signing professional terms with Dunfermline at the age of 15 and Manchester City are extremely keen on signing him. There was another Wishaw Wycombe lad that I ranted and raved about on the official website several years ago whilst the likes of Captain Sensible scoffed. Lewis Kidd went on to captain Scotland at Under 16's level and has been on the Celtic bench a number of times last season. I also tipped his little brother for success and he's getting rave reports in the Under 15 squad as well.

I can go back further and point out that I sent e-mails to the club which were ignored recommended a very young Mark Reynolds for scouting whilst he was playing for his school team - although I've since been told he was never going anywhere other than Motherwell and there have been a number of others - one of which St Mirren DID actually sign

I did also contemplate contacting St Mirren about Stephen O'Donnell when I knew he was being released from Celtic. He's another ex Wishaw Wycombe player and I knew his Dad really well with him being Chairman of our club back then. I rated him pretty highly, but with St Mirren having already had a look at four of our players and deciding not to take it further I left it. Since then he's done very well indeed at Partick Thistle.

'Course it's not like I'm some kind of super scout. I'm just someone - amongst thousands of others - who watches football at different levels of the game on a regular basis and who knows where some of the good kids are. A sensible club would tap into those kinds of networks but some clubs.......I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Rick - it's not new. There's a wee lad I recommended to St Mirren through the official website 6 years ago who today scored a double as part of the Motherwell side that sunk St Mirren under 15's 6-3 at Ralston. Another lad that I recommended to St Mirren got a trial with the club just over two years ago. Apparently he wasn't better than anything the club had at the time - which is fine - but this week I'm told he's signing professional terms with Dunfermline at the age of 15 and Manchester City are extremely keen on signing him. There was another Wishaw Wycombe lad that I ranted and raved about on the official website several years ago whilst the likes of Captain Sensible scoffed. Lewis Kidd went on to captain Scotland at Under 16's level and has been on the Celtic bench a number of times last season. I also tipped his little brother for success and he's getting rave reports in the Under 15 squad as well.

I can go back further and point out that I sent e-mails to the club which were ignored recommended a very young Mark Reynolds for scouting whilst he was playing for his school team - although I've since been told he was never going anywhere other than Motherwell and there have been a number of others - one of which St Mirren DID actually sign

I did also contemplate contacting St Mirren about Stephen O'Donnell when I knew he was being released from Celtic. He's another ex Wishaw Wycombe player and I knew his Dad really well with him being Chairman of our club back then. I rated him pretty highly, but with St Mirren having already had a look at four of our players and deciding not to take it further I left it. Since then he's done very well indeed at Partick Thistle.

'Course it's not like I'm some kind of super scout. I'm just someone - amongst thousands of others - who watches football at different levels of the game on a regular basis and who knows where some of the good kids are. A sensible club would tap into those kinds of networks but some clubs.......I'll let you fill in the blanks.

You know, after two lines ,all i read is Blah ,Blah, Blah !