Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Twitter page 'inside the SPL' has us linked with a move for Scott Arfield. Other interested parties are thought to include Ross County, St Johnstone and The Rangers.

Can't see us signing another CM unless either someone is leaving or we plan on playing him at LM.

Going with what we've got so far, and in DL´s favoured 4-2-3-1 we have:

???? (Sub: ????)

DVZ Cheesy. Goodwin. Yaqub. (Subs: Barron & Mair)

McGregor. McGin (Subs: McLean & Robertson)

Teale. McGowan. Harkins. (Sub Guy)

Thomson (Sub: ????)

From that we need 2 goalkeepers, a left back, an attacking mid, and a striker, more if we successfully jettison Barron, Mair, Robertson & Guy. Still hopeful we can renew loan for Dummet & Newton, Craig Gordon and/or Simonsen but that still leaves plenty space (the Morton & Livingstone players DL was keen on) bearing in mind we could still loose McGinley & McLean it seems we have loads of business to be done so can we not come up with loads more speculation ?

Sorry, I forgot about Thomas Riley, still doesn't seem enough though.

Edited by Mykey

I'm wondering if any of the young, fringe players will make a McGinnesque breakthrough this year.

Much will depend on the transfer activity of the next few weeks, but I have a hunch that Mo Yaqub could feature in some capacity.

At the very least, he'll be a regular sub as we've already lost Dummett, Imrie, and Carey as left-sided players. I hope he is given decent game time in the pre-season matches, and that the coaching staff are looking to properly blood him in a starting 11 sooner rather than later. I've not seen a great deal of him, but he looks to have the physique and pace to compete for a chance to prove himself at the very least.

While, like everyone else, I'm awaiting new additions to the squad with anticipation, I'm also keen to see lads like Yaqub, Naismith, and Reilly make a genuine push for 1st team places.

I'm wondering if any of the young, fringe players will make a McGinnesque breakthrough this year.

Much will depend on the transfer activity of the next few weeks, but I have a hunch that Mo Yaqub could feature in some capacity.

At the very least, he'll be a regular sub as we've already lost Dummett, Imrie, and Carey as left-sided players. I hope he is given decent game time in the pre-season matches, and that the coaching staff are looking to properly blood him in a starting 11 sooner rather than later. I've not seen a great deal of him, but he looks to have the physique and pace to compete for a chance to prove himself at the very least.

While, like everyone else, I'm awaiting new additions to the squad with anticipation, I'm also keen to see lads like Yaqub, Naismith, and Reilly make a genuine push for 1st team places.

I've liked what I've seen from Yaqub, both at Killie and in a couple of U21 games. It would be risky to start the season with him first choice left back, but if the coaching staff feel he's good enough, then that's good enough for me. I don't think we've actually had a duff left back under DL yet?