Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Hibs Dundee U Aberdeen all have bigger squads than us all have more strikers than what we do at present. I think alot of teams including us are working on reduced budgets because of the hearts situation but we need a CB and a striker to stay up this season. Goodwin at the back at the start of the season is make do its not his best position ok for when players are injured but not a whole season.

Not sure I agree. I thought Goodie did well alongside McAusland for a good part of the time. In fact, if we don't get anyone in, I'd be tempted to put Goodwin in as centrehalf and move McGregor forward in Goodwin's role.

Thought he looked doggy in that position last year and we would miss the bite in midfeild hope magregor can make it back but can we gamble our premier status on him? Mcausland has done ok we need a recognised defender mair don't rate naismith,Kelly look good for future not ready yet.

We've been doing that every season since we came up.

Thought he looked doggy in that position last year and we would miss the bite in midfeild hope magregor can make it back but can we gamble our premier status on him? Mcausland has done ok we need a recognised defender mair don't rate naismith,Kelly look good for future not ready yet.

Like it. 'doggy' and 'bite' in the same sentence. You could have mentioned he's no stranger to 'ruff' stuff too. Seriously though I agree, we want to see established players in key positins. Citing 'versatility' is often another way of saying players will be used out of position.

I don't think Goodwin's fast enough for midfield anymore (or has the positional sense to make up for his lack of pace). He's better at centre back where he can sit deep so players are less likely to out-pace him. Newton was better than him in that midfield role last season.

I don't think McGregor's the answer either - his touch and distribution aren't great. Also, can we really afford to rely on him? If he comes back into the team and is regularly fit then that's a bonus, but would anyone be that surprised if he got another long term injury? It's hard enough coming back from one bad knee injury, never mind both knees. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at him though - I (like all of us) want him to come back and be a good quality, first team regular.

I don't think Goodwin's fast enough for midfield anymore (or has the positional sense to make up for his lack of pace). He's better at centre back where he can sit deep so players are less likely to out-pace him. Newton was better than him in that midfield role last season.

I don't think McGregor's the answer either - his touch and distribution aren't great. Also, can we really afford to rely on him? If he comes back into the team and is regularly fit then that's a bonus, but would anyone be that surprised if he got another long term injury? It's hard enough coming back from one bad knee injury, never mind both knees. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at him though - I (like all of us) want him to come back and be a good quality, first team regular.

I don't think McGregor was that good at centre half. He looked the part for us as he was very good in the air unlike the centres we have had recently. I don't think he would be that bad in midfield as he was a decent footballer as his goal at Ipox showed. Started the move and finished it and he was always a threat from set plays. The defence is a problem as last year showed not just this pre-season and hasn't been strengthened and doesn't looked to be either

I don't think goodwins fast enough for defence at least if he's beaten in mid feild there is someone behind problem just now is there is no one in defence willing or even able to take charge of the defence and do that job. That's why we need more defenders. We don't have the security of Samson and in some respects have to baby sit 2rookie keepers.

Hibs have not replaced Griffiths or Doyle and Killie will be going with youth. Dundee Utd have lost their best players yet you exclude them from any battle to stay up - why? Peterhead beat a supposedly stronger Aberdeen side 3-2 so does that imply that Aberdeen are going to struggle this season? It was a friendly like ours. Celtic lost 6 against a poor German side in a friendly so what does that tell you about how they will fare in the SPl this season? They will win the league in a canter and that friendly matches are all about fitness and trying new things out.

Dundee united who are paying 5500 pounds per week on David goodwillie or who signed two players from tottenhams academy or who have just signed an under 20 Turkish international and who have also said that they will bring in another three? My source is jim spence. Killie signed Barr and will get Boyd no doubt and hibs added Tudor jones and vine whilst seem set to sign a boy from Swindon for 200k. Lets face it ourselves , thistle and hearts are going to struggle with no investment! I cannot believe our squad size with 8 days to go. Thompson up front himself?

Edited by norrie82

Ok we'll the papers said that they were I apologise. What my point is that they are strengthening we are not. Goodwillie a fantastic signing

Goodwillie is, but they were lucky to get him and he's only there until January.

If it comes to this time next week and we are still a tad short then I'll be concerned but still have plenty of time. We have Grainger and another according to the PDE along with the rumoured two Newcastle players. I would expect some, if not all to play on Saturday.

Of course we need two. Guy and Parkin were challenging albeit poorly last year but they kept Thompson sharp. This year we have 1 striker and with so little time left it appears we will rush through a couple of loans and then it will all be sorted right? I like the occasional loan but would rather have more players signed as ours

Dundee united who are paying 5500 pounds per week on David goodwillie or who signed two players from tottenhams academy or who have just signed an under 20 Turkish international and who have also said that they will bring in another three? My source is jim spence. Killie signed Barr and will get Boyd no doubt and hibs added Tudor jones and vine whilst seem set to sign a boy from Swindon for 200k. Lets face it ourselves , thistle and hearts are going to struggle with no investment! I cannot believe our squad size with 8 days to go. Thompson up front himself?

So you think we can compete with Hibs who have just paid £200K for a player on a three year contract?

If not, why even mention them?

If so,you are off your f**king rocker.

P.S.Barr is no better than the Keystone cops we have in our defence.

Any way for those of you not in Lovestreets PM club I think it's time I broke my silence and came clean with players I've heard us linked with

Danny Granger

Jon Paul McGovern

Mark Wilson

Some full back at Dundee United

Franco Sandaza

The Falkirk Goalie McGovern

Ally Love

Jon McShane?

Joe McKee

Keatings from Celtic

Tony Watt (loan)

Andy Webster thumbdown.gif

Obviously some have moved on and some are still possible. To my mind if we got Granger, Mcgovern and Keating I think we might have done ok